No beef on pizza?

Get it with a garlic white sauce and onions.

Domino’s has had a Philly cheesesteak pizza for like 20 years now, and I’ll admit to it being a guilty pleasure of mine.

Now I want a steak and arugula pizza. Haven’t had one in decades.

Think I’m making pizza dough this weekend.

You can put anything on pizza. I’ve had crocodile pizza.

Is that the one with a white sauce, pieces of feta and 8 whole kalamatta olives? I am not particularly a fan of olives in general, but those kalamattas really made that thing snap.

Thin slices of beef on a pizza can be fund all over Chicago. It’s quite good.

I like to take beef summer sausage and a shred it with a cheese grater over a plain frozen cheese pizza. I add a little bit mozzarella cheese over the sausage and a couple of tomato slices over the added cheese. Then, 2/3 done baking, I drizzle a small amount of olive oil all over it.

Celestial.

I add this also, thinly sliced.

One could also toss some carpaccio atop a pizza right after it comes out of the oven. But carpaccio is so savory on its own that I don’t think I’d do that real often, personally.

I don’t always eat pizza, but when I do I like to have 3-4 slices. I would find beef unbearably heavy for that. Not a fan of meat on pizza in general, except a light sprinkle of bacon bits, maybe a couple pieces of pepperoni.

In general I hit a wall pretty quickly on anything that’s meat+cheese+bread. It’s a really substantial meal, and my metabolism isn’t what it used to be.

I’m not a fan of olives. The one I get is Garlic sauce, spinach, chopped garlic, onions, and gyro meat.

Sounds good. I have no beef with pizza.

I’ve had carne asada pizza, and it was awesome.

I’m not sure if this is true or if it’s a myth, but I’ve heard that pizza was originally invented as a way of using up leftovers. Like, wives/grandmothers would take some dough, top it with whatever meat and vegetables they needed to use up, and bake it. But if it’s true then your idea is exactly in the spirit of the original intent of making pizza.

Yes, indeed, it was. WAY better than hamburger beef on pizza, eh?

Yeppers!

It’s generally not a terrible idea to par-cook stuff for pizzas, at least that are cooked in home ovens. Vegetables especially should probably be mostly cooked beforehand.

Many years ago, I fell in love with Sicilian style pizza, which uses salami. It’s delicious. I tried substituting summer sausage but the spices didn’t have the magic salami has (for me, anyway). I’ve been known to add bits of hot capicola to spice up a mushroom & spinach pizza with a good deal off success. I wonder what it would be like to use bresaola (air dried beef) on pizza.

I also love Thai peanut pizza (usually with chicken, but think chicken sate). Yum.

The French put corn and beets on their pizza.

The French often use Crème Fraiche on their pizza too. In some combinations, it is awesome.