No more Taco Salad at Wendys

How the heck can you get indigestion from pico de gallo but be fine with canned chili and Fritos?? :confused:

I’ve thought Wendy’s already had the best salads at a fast food chain for a while, although Jack in the Box’s are good too. I especially like the (very fattening of course), BLT so when I heard it was coming off the menu, I ate it about three times last week for lunch. I have tried the Baja salad, which was ok but I actually think it would be much better with grilled chicken than the chili. What annoys me is that two of the newer salads have blue cheese, which I hate :(. Wendy’s is right next door to work, so maybe it’s just as well that I bring my salads from home but I have a hard time understanding why they would change a popular menu item like that.

Of course, the real offender here is Arby’s- they had an outstanding Santa Fe salad that I loved and not only did they get rid of the good salads they had, they started putting out really basic, awful salads and then eliminated salads all together. At least Wendy’s is trying to make them better but I will miss my BLT chicken salad with chipotle ranch (which they told me they are also getting rid of…bastards!)

I used to LOVE Wendy’s superbar. They got rid of it in the Chicago area around 2000. Is it still around anywhere else?

You had it longer than we did, I think.

I worked at Wendy’s in the early 80s when they had just started serving baked potatoes. At my store at least, in addition to the standard five varieties* there were also a couple of experimental flavors, of which the only one I remember was Chicken a la King. I tried it one time. It was OK, kinda tasted like something you’d get at a school cafeteria.

*Cheese, broccoli & cheese, bacon & cheese, chili & cheese, sour cream & chive: THAT MAKES FIVE!

why don’t you buy the Wendy’s chile, which is on the taco salad, salad greens and tortilla chips. That’s what I started doing. I’ve bought those salads for years, too, and it’s the only thing besides a Frosty I really like from there so I just buy a couple of cups of chile, put them in the refrigerator if I plan to eat them soon or freezer if it will be more than 2 or 3 days before I plan to eat it. I also use a good brand of salsa or make my own and it’s pretty good.:slight_smile:

Which is gone now. :mad: On the bright side the Bacon [del]Mushroom[/del] Portabella Melt is back (for now), and I can always can a single or double with bacon. Speaking of salads; does anyone remember the Southwest chicken Caeser salad Wendy’s had a few years ago? That was good. So was the mac & cheese side they offered for a few months this year.

Heh. I opened this thread to tell this story. Hard to believe it happened almost a year and a half ago. At least I’m consistent.

Well, it’s been two years.

Maybe you should go to this place:

Taco Town

When Mister V orders his Baja salad from Wendy’s, they put the chili in a separate cup. The tortillas as well. But them they sometimes forget either, or both. He hasn’t gotten an order right from that particular location in 10 years, even after he started going inside to place his orders. They roll their eyes at him when he dares to ask for ketchup. I keep telling him to call or write corporate.

My Wendy’s is fine; I always get the Chicken BLT which is indeed the highest calorie salad they have.

I still miss their Chicken Caesar Pita Wraps. :frowning: