No RO in the pit yet about Amari dying of dehydration

Thanks for putting me in line. You’re right, I tend to forget that puns and word play are the epitome of humor on this board. I appreciate the reminder.

Or should I start a thread in GQ?

Isn’t there a type of ape that gets all its moisture from eating fruits? I’m sure little human monkeys could survive for quite awhile on squishy foods like that.

You’re probably thinking of spider monkeys, whose diet is 90% fruit and nuts. They live in a humid forest canopy, which would cut down on water loss, and they don’t eat salty snacks.

Surely would. “Normal food” has far more sodium in it than is desirable, and fluids are needed to prevent dehydration.

One could devise a diet with enough fluids in it to keep a person alive without drinking, but it would not resemble anything at all like what a kid normally eats.

Most 2 year olds, even ones on fairly healthy diets, are eating more of the Goldfish foodgroup (meaning the cheesy flavored crackers, not the swimming pets) than the juicy fruit food group. They’re all about starchy carbs for energy. And those starchy carbs mean they’re quite thirsty most of the time.

What I can’t wrap my brain around is this “babysitter” lacing glasses lying around the house with hot sauce so the kid wouldn’t drink out of them. WTF? This isn’t some stoner gone wrong who was too baked to get off the couch and go get a sippy cup, this was a well-planned and executed assault.

Fuckfuckfuckfuck!!! Fuckity-fuck …where’s My Gun?

So… does RO stand for “righteous outrage?”

Recreational outrage