Noisy neighbors got you down?

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_68337.html

A New Zealand man has invented the perfect weapon for late-night noisy neighbours - an hour-long CD featuring only a lawnmower.

More than 4,000 copies of Suburbia have been sold since the astroturf-covered CD was released by Geoff Marsland.

Yow!
Zette

I haven’t lived in an apartment in about 5 years. When we did live there, the upstairs neighbors would go at it at about 2:00 AM and litterally make our windows rattle so loud they would wake us up.

The lawnmower CD might be good for a laugh for me…you don’t get many lawnmowers in Oxford city centre.

That’s how I’ll deal with my noisy neighbour–mess with his mind, rather than drowning him out with Radio 5.

My neighbors are F14 fighters. Got me down? nope… I look up with pride…

Ineresting, but I usually find that Gregorian Chants played at full volume works well.

Let’s see… Def Leppard, Aldo Nova, anything heavy metal with a great drum part. Iron Maiden is good too.

Aldo Nova was his favorite. One CD starts with a Huey flyby, heavy Machine gun fire, explosions, et al. All this in Stereo. Friend has a 1300 Watt Stereo system. Crank to 4 or 5 and turn it on.

He said he only had to do it once. Never any problems again.

Radio 5 counts as cruel and unusual punishment - if you see UN soldiers on the doorstep, you’ll know why…

I assume the point is that you rev up the lawnmower CD early the next morning, while they’re trying to sleep off their hangovers. I agree with the guy in the article about farm noises. I love the sound of roosters crowing myself, and some good, loud Rhode Island Reds trying to best each other in a crow-off is a recording I would buy right away. And use.

I had a bullet trap and practiced shooting in my apartment. [It had brick walls so even if I missed, it was safe. I was not using heavy loads.]

I never complained about the neighbor’s stereo, they never complained about my shooting.

I prefer to record the neighbors being noisy & play it back at 2am for their enjoyment.

You shot a GUN in the house???

Excuse me: *** YOU SHOT IT IN THE HOUSE???***

Oh man. Am I ever glad I live in Canada.

Who would complain to a neighbor who they know has a gun… and knows how to use it!

There’s always Celine Dion…
“And you’re here in my heart and, my heart will go onnnnn and onnnnnnn…”
Hehehe…

I also use this when people are listening to music in the lab without headphones…one of my biggest pet peeves!

Wish I still had my bagpipes and rap tape a friend mixed for me. Scottish hip-hop - it was great for the people who play their radios too loud in the car. Made them think something was wrong with the stero. :snicker:

Cool!