Non Latex Condoms

The price is scaring them away?

Never mind all the courting costs. Dinner out. A movie. Drinks, ect. Not to mention time taken on the date. She probably will like you to spend the night with her as well. THe extre cost of a pack of non-latex condoms is minimal.

Hmmm… I can see how that came across. IMHO, most buy/skip decisions are made while standing in the store looking at $15 for a box of 12 polyurethane vs. $6-8 for latex.

True, even the price of gas and from the date is (these days) more than the cost for the much more important matter of sexual protection. Unfortunately, the people I know who are currently in the “courting” stage are the type to blanch at the high per-box price, and I’m just grateful they buy ANYthing.

For what it’s worth, next time I’m in the market I’m now curious enough to try the things. A question for you about oil: I’ve always used water-based lubes (Astroglide rocks!) rather than oils, with or without condoms. Oil-based lubes seem messier and the thick ones (i.e., Vaseline) can supposedly promote vaginal infections. Do the urethane condoms get warm because you use oils, or have you tried other lubes and had the same effect?

Just use Saran Wrap. Great for protecting against STD’s when doing that lick lick thing too.

A little off the subject, but how does Consumer Reports test out condoms?

Louie: young guy, possibly a bit green, but smart as paint. - Greg Charles

Louie -
Skipping lightly over the possible humorous answers: they air burst them.

FDA uses a water-leak test capable of detecting holes as small as 5 microns (0.0002"); more than 4 failures per 1000 condemns the whole lot.

They recently added the air-burst test, which better reflects a condom’s durability in real life use. They must hold 16 litres of air to pass FDA guidelines, but Consumer Reports used 25 litres as their standard.

Thinner condoms and those labeled “Extra strength” did no better and no worse in general. They did NOT test urethane condoms (see, we’re back on topic!) but there was only one on the market (Durex’s Avanti) at the time. Their lower elasticity may cause them to fail the burst test despite actually being tougher than latex, so I’m not sure how they’ll handle that.

Every condom made is slipped onto a big metal penis & then dipped into a liquid. If there is any electrical conduction, then that condom leaks & you can’t buy it. I saw it all on tv once.

I’ve only tried KY water based lube. It gets sticky fairly quickly, and does not taste good. I enjoy the pleasure of massaging my partner’s whole body in oil (apricot seed oil with a scented essential oil works well, and smells nice). Never tried Vasaline. Baby oil works in a bind. Oil has better viscosity than water lubes.

Its the friction of the in and out that heats up the urethene condoms. When I first tried it the girl kind of freaked saying “it’s hot!” To which I replied “yes, I like it.”