nongoog is either a troll or an imbecile

This past Hallowe’en I was staring into the refrigerator trying to decide which slice of pie I wanted. I really wanted apple, but there was only once piece of that and almost a whole pumpkin pie. Should I eat the apple, even though my wife hadn’t had a piece of that one? Does she even like apple? How can I not know whether she likes apple? Maybe I should go with the pumpkin instead. I’m always doing selfish shit that I never realize until later. I should eat pumpkin just to be thoughtful. Just in case there’s a chance she wanted the apple. Yep, pumpkin it is. Damn, but I really wanted apple. You know what? Fuck the pumpkin!

Which sounded like a much better idea, so I went out onto the front porch instead.

I cannot begin to express my relief that this is where the story ended.

I think that if we extrapolate from nongoog’s stance re toys and stuffed animals in the office, we can arrive at the premise that while sex in the office is a good thing, toys are not, ergo, sex toys at the office are right out.

As to how she can help Mr Executive Can’t Keep It In His Pants, I say what my grandmother assured me the GOP said to Nixon upon his offer to help with an election in the early 80s…“No thanks, you’ve done enough.”

I agree with you, Diogenes…this attitude of “oh, yeah, I fooled around with him and now his wife is leaving him, la la la” is really pretty sad. Nothing like showing a little remorse over helping to break up the guy’s marriage. And the wife asked him to stop working with the girl, and he refused…if he couldn’t even do that to placate his wife, I can’t believe he’s really all that broken up over the divorce, anyway.

Say what?

I’ve heard of pack your own parachute, but a plane? WTF is this stuff?
Does the **Vinyl **in VinylTurnip mean he uses protection? Something to consider, Ms Pumpkin

OK, askeptic. Fess up. What kind of plane do you have? And, since omegaman clued us in that “you know the rest,” please let us in on your secret.

He at least broke his last post down into paragraphs. I think you’re getting through to him.

See, now I hear that Monty Python line again. “You’re a loony”

Yes, our own Autolycus was the much-deserved winner of the “explain Vinyl Turnip’s username” contest. He would’ve been a force to be reckoned with, had he not been the sole entrant. It was much more clever than the reality, though.

I haven’t read the whole stuffed animals rant and can’t be bothered wasting the time, but the bits you quote, DtC, have as the emphasis impressions of unprofessionality.

I don’t think it is by any means a no-brainer that nongoog would necessarily be incorrect to say that women with fluffy bunnies in their office may be perceived to be unprofessional while otherwise professional women who have discreet liaisons may not.

How discreet can she be if the wife knows about her, and she is ostensibly the reason for the divorce?

Well played, sir.
turns head to other side of tennis court…

We already have a thread about Dick Cheney. :stuck_out_tongue:

Got no plane.

No clue what “the rest” is.

Wish I had some of what he is smokeing.

I have no idea about the subject of the OP’s particular circumstances, but the answer to your question may well be “quite discreet”. Is it not entirely possible that the wife knows because the husband told her or because of anomalies in their private life, entirely outside of work?

Yeah, No clue, and no plane and I guess no smoking materials either. I just threw away a banana peel.I hear that’s a fine substitute when times are tough.The rest ? Your on your own. Oh, don’t worry . I’m easy pickin’s ! You’ll be able to stop by , just like before.

I just want to know if the boss is the same guy who didn’t give her a Christmas present, and if he’s also the same guy who went to a dating site and lied about it. I know it was the boss who took her to the opera.

You may well be correct, but I’d need some convincing that “quite discreet” behavior includes “providing prurient details concerning an adulterous employee/boss affair, with details of business type and geographic location, on a public message board”. One should never underestimate the extent to which a trail is left.

Quit talking in circles, fuckwidget. You make about as much sense as a 12 foot cock on a kitten. You know what I mean.

Indeed. You’d think someone would have learned a lesson or two from the RSSchen/MizGrand trainwreck not so very long ago.

You might, I wouldn’t.

There are two kinds of message board participants.

Those whose post simply to talk about themselves and those who read to find out purient information about other posters.

The self-absorbed do not learn from the folly of other posters, because they never read trainwrecks inspired by other people.