You’re an average North Korean who one day has suddenly encountered a golden opportunity to flee the country.
Assume the following conditions apply:
- If you flee, your escape will be successful. You will not be caught.
- You can only flee by yourself. You cannot bring anyone with you.
- This is your only chance. There will never be a second chance to escape.
- You will be granted asylum, refugee care and eventual citizenship in Japan, South Korea or some other highly prosperous country. Nobody can assassinate you.
5. When (not if) the North Korean authorities find that you fled, they will put your family in a labor camp for the rest of their lives.