Norton Lifelock Scam

I’ve seen printer support sites with that. Plus placeholder text from the website template they used.

When I was a kid I thought it was a real language.

It’s semi-randomized Latin.
“Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer laoreet sem in scelerisque condimentum. Cras ipsum odio, condimentum ac pharetra vitae, efficitur quis turpis.”
Google translate gives back:
“The pain itself is love, the main storage system. Integer laoreet sem in chocolate sauce. The very hatred, the storytelling and the quiver of life, becomes a disgraceful one.”

Which makes about as much sense as the scammers do with their mangled English.

Wikipedia points out that the text comes from a passage by Cicero, and gives a longer paragraph from which the above is excerpted, along with an English translation.

I think the excerpt shown is supposed to be Cicero’s original text. The text given by @running_coach above isn’t the same, and appears to be the goofy Latin version. The word “integer” isn’t there.

Now I’m wondering if there’s also a competitor – Aunt Lady Fries.

I see that they have both Fries and Dynamic Fries. Both are apparently adorned with chillie souce, katchup, mayonees souce, Himalayan salt, and metthi. But the Dynamic version also has jalapano and mustard souce, as well as a chicken and an olive. You are assured, however, that all offerings – even the lowly Student Fries – are certified Uncle Man Fries.

I suspect the author of that menu also writes unsolicited emails for things like duck cleaning services and extended car warranties.

Right. Now, thanks to ANI, they have your number AND know that you’re willing to call based on such spam. Expect a ton more…

I answer every call, screw with the scammers as much as possible and I get very little spam. 3 calls a month if I’m lucky.

'Tis the season. Never call the number included in the communication. Google the company and call a number on their website.

I recently got an e-mail supposedly from UPS. They said they tried to deliver my package but was unsuccessful and to please call them to arrange redelivery. Thing is, I was home all day the day they said they tried delivery. They even included a tracking number for my package. I plugged the tracking number into the UPS website, and nothing came up. I called UPS based on their website, and they confirmed it was a scam.

Just found a Windows Defender scam in the main inbox of the email address I use for the board. The giveaway, aside from the non-Microsoft email address, is that they claim (804) 666-8865 is a toll-free number.

I get a lot of mail (generally postcards) from flippers. Nothing unusual about that, except that they seem to build their lists from the county tax database; and since my last name has an apostrophe, attempts to retrieve it have a tendency to fail. So I get postcards with variations on “Dear *** Name not found on file ***, I would like to buy your house at …”. Was good for a giggle at first, especially if they’re the fake-handwritten type; now it’s just “meh” and they join their siblings in the recycle bin.

A bazillion years ago, someone at my work filled out a form for an Office Depot or Office Max something or another (rewards card maybe), but it made it into their system with an additional letter. Like, instead of “Joey P” it was “Joyey P”.
It made it beyond obvious who they were selling their customer information to since any junk mail that had that specific (incorrect) spelling was meant it came from their list.
A few times I’d send them a nastygram about it. They’d deny selling or giving away our info, but when I’d mention the incorrect spelling, they’d apologize and say they’d take us off that list. Not that they actually removed us from anything but it was somewhat amusing to see them suddenly back off when I brought it up.