Nostradamus and Bush ?

Everytime some major disaster happens we get new interpretations of old Nostradamus predictions… how come we haven’t seen Bush foreseen in any of those ?

What about that old Nostradamus about the leader that would unite the east ?

'Cause the nuts haven’t retconned Dubya into the quatrains yet. Give it time.

Agreed, its all about the (usually very liberal) interpretation of his writings.
…though we might want a new look at that whole “King of Terror” business, did Michel mention anything about big ears?

They’re faster than you think, Cervaise.

I heard that one shortly before we invaded Iraq. Where, I can’t recall.

Read his words here.

It must be true! :wink:

I know. I was just tickled to have a legitimate reason to use “retcon” in GD. :slight_smile:

I hear tell Nostro has predicted a president will be elected this year.

And the President’s name will be Hister. :stuck_out_tongue:

Those interpretations are fun to red :smiley:

TIME ?! They have had 3 years and two invasions to figure out the quatrains ! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been hearing GWB (for whom I voted & will vote again) mentioned as a candidate for Nostradamus’s “Mabus” (perhaps the “Third Antichirst”) since early last year. Here’s a site dedicated to the subject- http://www.mabus.biz/

Roman Pontiff beware of approaching
The city that two rivers flow through,
Near there your blood will come to spurt,
You and yours when the rose will flourish.

Roman land as the omen interpreted
Will be vexed too much by the Gallic people:
But the Celtic nation will fear the hour,
The fleet has been pushed too far by the north wind.

Within the isles a very horrible uproar,
One will hear only a party of war,
So great will be the insult of the plunderers
That they will come to be joined in the great league.

Roman Land = US
Gallic = France
Celtic = England ?

New York has “2” rivers. River splits and goes around Manhattan ?

This stuff is great… so indirect you can match anything in time. A little imagination and some stretching and voilá !

London, which as a metropolis is actually a city of two great rivers, not one. The Thames is always remembered, but London also has the Lea. As for the Rose, obviously it is the famous Tudor Rose, which flourished during the reign of Elizabeth I, a time wherein the plans of the Roman Pontiff regarding England all came to nought. Elizabeth made (uneasy) peace with most English Catholics. Mary Stuart (the Pope’s candidate for the English throne) was executed by Elizabeth, and Elizabeth’s navy turned back an attempted Spanish conquest–essentially the “blood” spurting was that of the Spanish/Catholic soldiers who were acting as proxy for the Pope’s ambition to return England to his religious leadership.

Oddly enough, the French crown ended up going to a Protestant prince (who did nominally convert to Catholicism) that ended up officially legalizing Protestantism within France (Edict of Nantes, 1598). Scotland and Ireland both were generally merciless to the Spanish soldiers who were blown far to the north after the Battle of the English Channel, regardless of allegedly sharing a religion.

And the party of war against Spain was indeed all that was heard at the time. War against an alliance of France and Spain did not end until 1630.

Referring to England as ‘Celtic’ is certainly a stretch!

I find the equating between “major disasters” and “Bush” in the OP to be the most telling part of this thread. And absolutely no-one has questioned it yet!

It must be true! :eek: