Now I have to carry the ones!

So first my unclefucking nimrods of an ex-employer decide to fire me on April Fool’s Day, which is supposed to be the happiest day of the year, except for Christmas which would be happy except that it’s fucking cold.

Now that they’ve gotten around to sending me my severance, for some unexplained reason they sent three separate checks for very non-round numbers. So now I will be subjected to the further indignity of having to add all the dollars and cents together on the deposit slip. God dammit, the whole reason I became a programmer is so I wouldn’t have to do math!

:wally

In other news, I’ve gotten fatter since the last time I wore my Interview Suit, but I’m blaming it on the dry cleaners. Obviously they shrunk it. That’s the ticket.

Well, I can’t help you with the job (my sympathies), but if you don’t want to do the math, you can always deposit each check separately.

Dunno about yours, but my computer has a calculator on it. Or you can just list the checks on the deposit slip and “forget” to total them. The bank teller will most likely say, “Oh, you forgot to total these. Looks like <insert amount here>, right?” He/She can’t really lie about it, because it’s totalled up by the bank’s computer as well.

I know what you mean about the clothing shrinkage, though. Happens to me all the time. It’s not only the cleaners and the washing machine. My closet shrinks things, too.

It’s weird. I went to deposit the checks (as well as a couple birthday checks from various grandparents) and the total came out to $3,434.34. I think it’s a sign. I won’t have another job until I’m 34. I can afford to be a bum for nine years, I suppose. :cool:

Sorry about the job. Cool about the numbers though.

You were fired and they still paid severance? My ex-employer only did that if in their heart of hearts (that little teensy thing they could never seem to find), that the firing was unjustified, and they were easing their conscience (also very teensy).

Look on the bright side! You’ll have a new job in 34 days.