Now THIS is the Biden I like to see.

Well, well, well. . .

Anchorwoman In Biden Interview Married To GOP Consultant

The 2nd Amendment issue is immaterial since Heller. It’s a ridiculous thing to prioritize above all other issues anyway.

Heller will not stop an assault weapons ban from passing Congress. And Obama will sign it.

When Obama does sign a new assault weapons ban, I will resurrect this thread.

I like combative interviews. If Biden can’t handle West, then he shouldn’t be VP. Palin couldn’t handle Couric. I liked O’Reilly’s interview with Obama too.

We’ve seen how an administration can trash the 1st, 4th, and 5th Amendments; and they’re not as contentious as the 2nd. I really hate to play the Devil’s Advocate for Conservatives, but they have a right to be paranoid.

Nevertheless, it is ridiculous to put this issue above everything else. Yes, I like to shoot. Yes, I have Evil Black Rifles. But for me, Issue Number One is the health of all of us. I won’t be going out to the range if I’m dying in an emergency room after a simple illness has escalated to such a stage. We must bring our health care system into the latter half of the 20th Century. We need to face the realities of a dwindling energy supply. We need for people (healthy people) to contribute to the economy and be able to make a living.

That’s why I voted for Obama.

It won’t happen, but so what if it did? What a myopic thing to care about.

Thanks. Looking at McCain’s positions:

In 1999 he supported a ban on some assault weapons, then voted against the ban in the same month. Then, in 2007 came out in favor of assault weapons. In 1999 again, he spoke in favor of gun locks and background checks at gun shows, after voting against gun locks and background checks three months earlier. It would seem that he has one opinion in public and another when voting on legislation. You might want to look more closely at your candidate.

Did you watch the video? Biden handled West just fine. Theproblem wasn’t thatthe questions were tough, but that they were asinine.

I think in this world, asinine questions == tough. I really don’t think there is any real objective thinking left in this world anymore.

(ETA: …Generally speaking, from what I gather from this incident. One sees it as tough, one see it as asinine. The campers in the Youtube forum are all laughing at Biden, while here we have people cheering him. And the people at the Youtube thread use more or less full English sentences, if that is a proper indication of anyone’s intelligence, but definitely one of education.

I just think it’s kind of weird to bring up the same questions over and over again. Especially after Biden has answered them. I don’t think it’s tough questioning, just persistence. I mean, she didn’t elaborate on Biden’s answer, justify why it isn’t adequate enough and repeat them again. It sounds more like baiting than interview. This is sincerely IMHO)

Was that directed to me?

I’ve already voted for Obama.

They weren’t even questions, they were accusations phrased in the form of questions.

What a fool. Seriously, what a fool, I have half a mind to write the station. wow

Fox affiliate?

Combined two threads about this interview.

ABC affiliate, actually.

No, GOP affiliate.

That, actually, was one of the big reasons I felt Biden did a poor job answering. Is it so hard to explain that “spread the wealth around” doesn’t necessarily mean
massive forced redistribution of wealth? That’s what he should have done, instead of denying it when it really was what Obama said.

I really don’t like Biden. I’m still voting for him and Barack, however.

How soon we forget “The Cavuto.” :wink:

No, sorry. I didn’t notice the name. I just assumed that Crafter_Man had replied.

Look on his own site, under “Address Gun Violence in Cities”:

As I’ve stated before, another Assault Weapons Ban will do much to stop the rash of bayonettings in our country. Really, that weapons ban involved such minutiae as bayonets, detachable magazines, and “high capacity” magazines, like the Glock 17’s 17-round magazine, which is standard-issue.
And why wouldn’t a ban make it? With people like Pelosi and Schumer there and Biden as VP, I don’t see when the anti-gun crowd will have a better chance.

I’m surprised that Democrats don’t support the 2nd Amendment, they tend to be liberal about marriage, abortion, social services, so many things. Why don’t they trust law-abiding citizens to own firearms?