Numfar! Do the dance of Lost 1.12:Whatever the Case May Be

So, what’s on your minds, castaways? Is Claire totally dead, or is she merely doomed to a life as Ethan & Co.'s slave/babymomma/comedy third option?

How about that big metal thing under the forest floor, huh, Locke?

Charlie, you gonna pull your head out of your ass and tell us what the hell happened out there?

Sawyer, Sayid, I expect to see the two of you giving into the Unresolved Sexual Tension by 8:37 EST.

Walt, wanna work a little harder on not being ominously good at backgammon?

Hurley, you’re golden. Don’t ever change.

Stay tuned!

Lost threads spoiler policy

Glad you posted!
I was begining to wonder if all other dopers had given up on Lost.

No, not given up, it’s simply been in reruns since the middle of December.

I generally confine myself to A&E, TLC, Discovery and whatnot, but I’m panting in anticipation about this show. Love it, love it, love it. Can’t wait to find out what’s under that steel plate. I hope it’s a pony. Who doesn’t want a pony?

Who’s backstory are we getting tonight? Please say Hurley.

THANK YOU!!! I forgot the show was back tonight and I was about to leave for work.

puts aside first born child for Juniper200

Oh yeah

and sets vcr timer

Here is a link to some spoiler information. It has who will be the backstory character of each episode. I don’t know how accuracte it is.
as mentioned, spoilers:

Tonight is episode 12.

Brian

Who the hell is Brian? I don’t remember anyone other than the majors and Scott and Steve being named yet.

Anyways, I wonder if al those 15 sec spots they’ve been airing over the past two weeks deal with tonight’s ep? Because if it is tonight, the TCM is back! Or, so it would seem, baseed on the very disjointed cuts of the action shown on that commercial.

Any Alias people doing threads?

Required reading:
Lost in Lost? Official Lost jargon thread
Official “Lost” Questions Thread

The MEME (Multiple Episode Meanings and Etymologies) for tonight’s show is “Whatever The Case May Be”. Dictionary.com lists nineteen – count 'em – 19 definitions for the word “case” … some of which seem very pertinent. I’ve highlighted those in red.

[li] An instance of something; an occurrence; an example: a case of mistaken identity.[/li]
**[li] An occurrence of a disease or disorder: a mild case of flu. ** [/li]
[li] A set of circumstances or a state of affairs; a situation: *It may rain, in which case the hike will be canceled. * [/li]
**[li] Actual fact; reality: We suspected the walls were hollow, and this proved to be the case. ** [/li]
[li] A question or problem; a matter: *It is simply a case of honor. * [/li]
**[li] A situation that requires investigation, especially by a formal or official body. [/li]Law. **

[li] An action or a suit or just grounds for an action. [/li]
[li] The facts or evidence offered in support of a claim. [/li]
[li] A set of reasons or supporting facts; an argument: presented a good case for changing the law. [/li]
**[li] A person being assisted, treated, or studied, as by a physician, lawyer, or social worker. ** [/li]
[li] Informal. A peculiar or eccentric person; a character. [/li]
[li] A container; a receptacle: a jewelry case; meat-filled cases of dough. [/li]
[li] A container with its contents. [/li]
[li] A decorative or protective covering or cover. [/li]
[li] A set or pair: a case of pistols. [/li]
[li] The frame or framework of a window, door, or stairway. [/li]
[li] The surface or outer layer of a metal alloy. [/li]
[li] Printing. A shallow compartmented tray for storing type or type matrices. [/li]
**[li] Slang. To examine carefully, as in planning a crime: cased the bank before robbing it. ** [/li]
I’m not really prepared to make predictions just yet. I can’t wait to see the show, though.

I have been waiting for a new episode for way too long. I just wish I didn’t have to wait until 8:00.

As for the flashbacks and the linked synopsis…

I have to wait until the last bloody episode for Hurley!?!. He’s my favorite character. Why the hell should I have to wade through more friggin Sawyer backstory? I want it now! :mad:

Ah well, I’m just happy to have the show back. :smiley:

Woo-Hoo! Lost night is back. I’m set.

Harborwolf:

I don’t think episode 18 is the last one. I think it’s just the last one completed enough that they can give us some info. We’ll probably have 22 episodes in all.

I know, I was surprised it took so long for the thread to be started this am.

There’s a snowstorm outside today, and it usually takes me over an hour to get home under the best conditions. I forgot to set my DVR for Lost tonight (which starts at 7pm here). I’m considering leaving work early just to make sure I don’t miss the beginning of the show.

:wink:

Yippee!

Brian is me. As far as I know, no character on the show is named that.

Oh.

:smack:
Sorry. It’s been a while since we’ve done this. I thought you saying ep 12 is about Brian. Silly me.
Okay, so Claire is gone, kidnapped by THEM or just Ethan? Will we find out tonight or will someone else disappear?

Also, how changed is Charlie, if at all? Is he going to start acting like Locke?

Will we ever get to know (before the last ep) just what was the crime Kate committed?

Will any other castaways see/find/talk to/have sex with Dannielle?

Will we actually see what the nature of the TCM is?

How’s Rose?

Can we please see Shannon’s gorgeous ass again? Please?

What did Boone and Locke actually find?

Man, I can hardly wait!

I stumbled across some promotional pictures from tonight’s episode and it would appear that Rose is back! She appears to be comforting a distraught Charlie (sob) in a couple of pics.

If I weren’t lazy and at work to boot, I’d go to the trouble to link to the site. :o

I really hope to get at least some answer to what happened to Claire, but I’m not hopeful.

Can’twaitcan’twaitcan’twait

Good to see you have your priorities in order.

:wink:

I came in here expecting to see the red hair of Joss Wheadon bobbibg up and down.

Don’t mind me. Carry on. Will get the show here any dacade now.
BTW - is it worth the trouble to look for it in non-traditional ways?

What’s inside the case? The case from Ronin.

What’s inside that case? The case from Pulp Fiction. :slight_smile:

But a “Halliburton”? You gotta be kidding me…

A few small things.
The beach is continuing to erode. Why?

Boone and Locke have yet to tell anyone about what they found. Was it merely a box? Or a door to a place they’re exploring?

Kate and Sawyer swimming in that pool with decaying bodies. Ew.

Bikini Shannon! YES! (I swear to god, the writers read this MB)

In a few short sentences, the writers have turned Rose into a character I want to see much, much more of.

Okay, so Kate really is a bad girl. I wonder if anyone died in that bank robbery.