NY Doper Dinner - May 4th - the Spiderman Edition!

Is there a restaurant reservation already? 'Cause I wanted to join y’all there. Just checking…

Pay attention!!!

Just kidding. I believe after the movie, around 8pm, we’ll be moseying along to John Pizzaria. If we’re following normal format (and I can’t imagine that we wouldn’t be) just ask for the Cecil Adams party.

We’ll be the ones using up all the pitchers. :smiley:

Hi just dropping in to shamelessly plug a thread to you NY dopers

Does anyone know a good Pub in New York?

Myself and TwistofFate are planning on coming over to NY later on in the year and we’re doing a bit of groundwork.

Enjoy you’re night out and hope to see as many of ye as possible later on in the year :slight_smile:

your :rolleyes:

N.b.: A. O. Scott, mildly snarky NY Times reviewer (he’s my favorite of the new, post-Janet-Maslin crew) gives Spidey a fairly enthusiastic thumbs-up (as does another of my favorite reviewers, Joe Morgenstern of the WS Journal). Registration’s required, but you can take a gander here: – http://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/03/movies/03SPID.html

Canby, I threw in a few extra spots when I made the reservation. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

I would also like to note that if you were on the list in this thread and you cannot make it to the movie, PLEASE let us know via email as soon as possible. We will hunt down silent no-shows with great vengeance and fury.

So when and where are we meeting before the film?

(don’t worry about getting me a ticket)

How about the Hello Kitty store? (which is in the old Museum Store 3 doors over from the theatre)

Where a shocking secret about a particular doper may be revealed to you. (if you don’t already know)

I guess it’s time to get my nuts ready. Now, where did I put my electric nut buffer?

DaLovin’ Dj

I don’t know, but be careful with the cracked one. That could get crunchily painful.

How about meeting at 1 PM at Harold Square on 34th where 6th and Broadway cross? Or would 12:30 be better?

OK, great. And I wasn’t on the movie list, but that scared me anyway. :wink:

See you tomorrow.

Sounds good fer us so long as our sitters are here in time (hint to God).

“Harold Square?” HAROLD square???

HAROLD Square???

Good lord. What kind of a poor-assed NY-er AM I?

Grrr. See y’all at [sub]Herald[/sub] Square, or at the theater, or at John’s Pizzeria tomorrow. I obviously need to start drinking.

IMPORTANT NEWS! IMPORTANT NEWS!

I just came from the theatre. The 5:45 show was moved to 6:00. The manager advises we get to the theatre no later than 5:15. (bolding his)

So be there between 5 and 5:15 unless you reall want to sit in the front row.

Last-minute directions to the Loew’s E-Walk:

The theatre is on the northwest end of 42nd Street, very close to Eighth Avenue. It’s impossible to miss: there is a thirty-foot inflatable Spider-Man crawling down the face of the building. (No, I’m not kidding.)

Landmarks: There is yet another movie theatre, the AMC Empire 25, directly across the street from it on the southwest side of 42nd.

The Port Authority terminal is on Eighth, diagonally located from the E-Walk, on the southwest corner of Eighth and 42nd. There is an enormous billboard advertising Windows XP (bleah) on Eighth, on the northwest corner.

Finally, the A, C and E subway lines stop at 42nd and Eighth, and there is a subway exit for these lines directly across the street from aforementioned billboard.

I just wanted to stay what a fantastic time I had with y’all yesterday. First the shopping and stuff with pucette, Gorgon Heap, and Acrylic Vessel was tons of fun. Thanks for letting me head to the couple of places I’d wanted to go. Then at the theater – I really enjoyed meeting the people I’d never met before (woodstockbirdybird and Vivian, as well as Zebra… I think they were the only three), talking movies and comics with Pixellent and Wonko the Sane (as well as interjecting answers from the quizzes on the screen at various times in the conversation), eating Billdo’s popcorn, and then just enjoying a fanstastic movie. I wish I could have gone to John’s with you afterwards… maybe next time. But thanks all for showing up and helping me spend a fantastic Saturday evening!