NY Doper Dinner - May 4th - the Spiderman Edition!

Man, I totally wanna go! Especially because I miss you guys. But I might have accidentally promised to go visit my sister that weekend. I’ll let you know.

Gorgon: we should probably get together before 6 anyway, because I’m thinking the theater will be mobbed… If anyone wants to do something in the afternoon, please feel free to suggest ideas. As far as gathering before the movie, should we meet at 5? Earlier?

Trout: Find a way to accidentally and contritely postpone your visit. It’s bad enough that I didn’t make it to your concert…

Updated list of people for whom tickets will be purchased:
[ul]
[li]myself[/li][li]Pixellent[/li][li]Gorgon Heap[/li][li]Acrylic Vessel[/li][li]Hello Again[/li][li]True Pisces[/li][li]DalovinDj[/li][li]OxyMoron[/li][li]Wonko the Sane[/li][li]Sua Sponte[/li][li]Maeglin[/li][li]Verrain[/li][li]Vix[/li][/ul]

I’m not ready to see a movie about skyscrapers and explosions, but I’ll join you all for dinner.

Sounds like a plan. How’d I miss this thread for six days? Am I too late?

Dopers . . . cute super-hero in tights . . . we’re in.

Cajun Man, so are so cool. :slight_smile:

Anywho, assuming aout babysitter comes through for us [fingers crossed], we want to spend most the day down there, so we’ll be around early. Shopping, eating, having a few brews (you know me!) and waiting for the grand meeting. So, if anyone is at all interested in actually doing something well before the Big Event[sup]TM[/sup], say the word.

Tonight’s the ticket purchasing extravaganza cut-off! We will buy tickets for ALL the people listed below, so please let us know if you would like to be added or removed from the list asap:

[ul]
[li]Pucette[/li][li]Pixellent[/li][li]Gorgon Heap[/li][li]Acrylic Vessel[/li][li]Hello Again (should we buy you a ticket?)[/li][li]True Pisces[/li][li]DaLovin’Dj (next time I’ll use the “dalovindj” variant so that all spellings will have been covered)[/li][li]OxyMoron[/li][li]Wonko the Sane[/li][li]Sua Sponte[/li][li]Maeglin[/li][li]Verrain[/li][li]Vix[/li][li]Biggirl[/li][li]Heartache[/li][li]Cajun Man[/li][li]Dr Matrix[/li][/ul]

The movie is 2 hours long, so for those of you who will meet up with us later, we’ll be at John’s Pizzeria at 8 PM.

I’m going to be so bold as to set the meeting time at 4:45 PM outside the Loews E-Walk theater. That’s one hour before the movie starts, so that should leave us enough time to get good seats.

Ok, I guess cause it’s the last moment, I should add myself to the list. Sounds like fun. See you all there.

I’m debating NOT getting a ticket for you just because of your “location.”

Actually, that looks accurate to me. :slight_smile:

That time sounds good. It’s easy to pass an hour when talking to ten other people in line.

Oh, and I certainly hope you give us the address (and maybe hint at directions) to whatever theatre you have decided on.

Later, Y’all!

Ladies and gents, as of today, Friday, April 26th, seventeen (17) tickets have been purchased for the 6:00 PM showing of Spiderman at the Loews E-Walk Theater (42nd and 8th) on Saturday, May 4th.

Note the slight time change: the show is at 6 PM, so we will meet outside the theater at 5 PM instead.

Also, please be so kind as to bring $11 with you to reimburse your kindly ticket purchaser, Pixellent (the extra dollar is an advanced purchase surcharge). If we have purchased a ticket for you in error, or forces beyond your control interfere with your plans to attend, please email us!

And just to make this a complete recap, post-movie plans will involve dinner and drinks at John’s Pizzeria on 44th and 8th, starting at around 8 PM. Folks interested in pre-movie plans are requested to either post here or contact Mr. Heap directly.

Boo-yah.

There’s a possibility that I’ll be able to come in a bit early and join in any pre-movie festivities. I’ll have to check the LIRR train schedules, as well as any other possible plans for that day, but don’t count me out yet.

(Of course, I could be spending that time watching the rest of Escaflowne so I can get it back to pucette, but there’s always the possibility that she won’t want to carry 4 video cassettes around with her for the evening…)

I’ll let you know as I know more, GH.

K, thanks. We’re looking at a “lunch/shop” type thing with the meagerest of shopping. Mostly hanging would be great. If we can’t meet you, we’ll make due and just chill in Manhattan until the movie comes along.

Count me in, most likely, since I’ll be visiting that weekend. Who’s in charge of hiring the masseuse?

Oops. I knew we forgot something…

Officially, the cutoff point for buying tickets was this past Friday. Pucette is away for the weekend, so on Monday I’ll ask her if we want to hold a second call… but keep in mind that my poor bleeding credit card can only handle so much weight.:smiley:

Even if we don’t manage to get tickets for everyone – we’ve been going on the not-outrageous assumption that this thing is going to sell out by Friday – there will still, of course, be the post-Spidey dinner at John’s. I believe that Pucette has not yet made the reservation…

I volunteer for the position of masseuse. Just remember that I’m very naive.

We’re all set for tickets, and for the restaurant.

Please keep in mind that while you are more than welcome to attend both the movie and dinner, you are by no means expected to do both.

So 5 PM, outside the theater on Saturday. 8:30 PM at John’s Pizzeria (if you want to get there earlier, no problem, but you’ll have to wait at the bar until 8:30. Knowing you guys, that shouldn’t be too much of a problem).

See you all there!

And by expected, I mean obligated. Geeesh. I hope you do make it to both, though!

It’s gonna be just me coming in, with a fairly clear day. I wanted to stop by both the comic shop and The Complete Strategist before heading up to the movie. I thought about catching either the 11:55 or 12:55 train in, which would get me at Penn at either 12:37 or 1:37. If you still want to meet up and do something, let me know, ok? Otherwise, I’ll shoot for a slightly later train (like the 2:55) and stop by both places before I head up to meet everyone.

Indeed. We’ll be getting in at about the same time, and I plan on giving Pucette a call once we’ve landed. We’ll work something out.