NYC mayor is basically a Democratic version of Trump

Just a horrible response.
Arrogant woke racist

sorry, political jab -forgot the rules

From what I’ve read, de Blasio’s handling has been pretty bad, but this looks like just bad management – nothing to do with being “woke” or whatever. Gavin Newsome is just as liberal, but has been a much better manager.

Gavin Newsome has done an objectively better job than Cuomo. I don’t see why Cuomo is being held up as some shining beacon of competence.

The first statement I fully agree with. The Mayor has been terrible.
The second part, doesn’t seem to belong here. Maybe you could expand and explain?

Thankfully NY has a Governor who is doing an excellent job in a horrible difficult time. Because NYC is not being led well by their idiot Mayor and of course by the mostly counterproductive President. Cuomo and the other area Governors have all stepped up very well.

I read your whole link and have no idea what you mean by “arrogant woke racist”. His response was pretty bad, though - no where near as bad as trump. I mean – you’re criticizing the mayor for being too slow to institute a lockdown? In case you havent noticed we still don’t have a national lockdown.

What? The middle of a pandemic isn’t the perfect time to air old grievances?

CMC fnord!

Moderator Action

Moving to Politics and Elections (from Quarantine Zone).

They’re talking it to easy on him

Please, summarize, just posting links is not wonderful.

AFAICT, de Blasio is an unpopular mayor, both in the city and outside it, and no one outside his own office is really defending him.

You’re citing an article titled “The Mayor Who Can’t Rise to the Occasion” as evidence the media is going too easy on him?

Gavin Newsome is as liberal but he is not as much of a “woke” SJW as DeBlasio

He is not calling for the integration of public schools in California the way DeBlasio is.
He is not punishing model minorities for fucking up his arguments about racism and white supremacy.
He is administration is not implying that model minorities are selfish for being successful.

Gavin Newsome does not play the race card anywhere near as much as DeBlasio does.

Because Newsome doesn’t have to deal with an incompetent mayor in Los Angeles or San Francisco. Cuomo has had to overrule DeBlasio several times.

Yep, I think Trump is a clusterfuck too. That doesn’t mean he has a monopoly on stupid.

If you want to have a Trump hating contest, I’m game. I bet it ends in a tie.

I’m a hardcore Dem but Deblasio just strikes me as a grade-A jackass.

None of this has anything to do with his response to the virus. It’s a good thing this thread was moved to Elections, but maybe the Pit would be better.

Lord knows I have plenty of problems with Cuomo. But I’ll give him credit that he seems aware of the size of the problem and is doing what he can to address it.

Sounds like you’re angry with DeBlasio because he isn’t in agreement with your particular brand of racism.

Yes the second part of that was an unnecessary jab at a mayor whose politics I think represent the worst parts of the Democratic party. And I think his singular focus on seeing everything through the lens of race and social justice makes him and people like him unsuitable to lead.

He failed to close schools until fairly late because he was concerned about the impact it wold have on kids that needed school lunch and parents that needed child care. He thought these issues impacted disproportionately impacted minority communities.

He continued to minimize the threat of coronavirus and now NYC is the epicenter of coronavirus in America.