NYT Spelling Bee drives me crazy

Looks like the proper spelling ends in -ey.

I was at Genius before I knew it with no pangram. It took my by surprise. Then got a pangram and the penultimate word KHAKI and it took my all day to get that final point with HAKA.

That was also my last word.

Lol, same as @Thumper668 , it was my first try!

I was startled when the ‘genius’ screen popped up after only eleven words. Still, I was denied Queen by bleeping GOBY. Seventh appearance and yet it looks like a brand-new, made-up, ridiculous word to me.

It’s a fish.

I started today’s game last night and got everything but that word before going to bed. This morning I kept trying various plausible 4-letter words until hitting on it. This is not the first time I got a natural QB this way.

I will never not type in BEGOB . One day!

Today was an even easier QB than yesterday. Three in five days with no hints.

I wonder what’s the matter with MILFOIL.

Or molal

Today, I needed a hint to get cinquain. That’s not a word I knew, which is better than when the word I’m stuck on is one I knew or should have known.

What’s wrong with ANNUITANT ?

Does everyone but me know about BILTONG from yesterday’s puzzle? I only got it because I used SBB to learn that there was a 7-letter pangram I hadn’t found, and just tried random combos till I hit it.

I’m sick of Sam’s obscure cuisine terms. Not everyone lives in Manhattan where you can eat in a restaurant from any country in the world any day of the week.

That’s actually from today’s puzzle. I got it without needing a hint, but am still working on a different 5-letter word starting with the same two letters.

I do, but I learned it from the SDMB. Since then, I’ve noticed it in some stores. Doing a board search, I see it’s been used here several times.

Yep, I didn’t know it, either.

I absolutely knew about it and I found it on my own. It’s not that obscure.

I’ve heard about it and eaten it, but it didn’t occur to me until I tried BITLONG. When I’m stuck I try making compound words that are rarely accepted but they often cause me to see a word I hadn’t thought of.

I knew that BITLONG was a word, but I had no idea what it meant. I thought it might be Australian.

As for Sunday’s, I was stumped by HELIACAL, even after looking at the clues.