Obama/McCain/ SDMB Election/Hazle Weatherfield/Mod Request

I would like to think that your premise is fatally flawed.

I have to ask: What “truth” do you think a vote on an anonymous message board - which so far has included possibly 5% of the active membership - is going to represent?

Good on you.

It’s just a message board, dude. You know, internet? Anonymous strangers? Truth gets misrepresented up, down, sideways and–brace yourself, now–sometimes there are even deliberate lies. Yes! People type things they know to be untrue and possibly don’t even believe!

It’s a cesspool. Best not to rely on it overmuch, y’know?

Why go to all that trouble? That number (under the replies column) at the end of the thread title brings up a page with all the posters to the thread in number of posts to the thread order, see (that’s this thread).

CMC +fnord!

:smack:What can I say? You learn something new everyday.

Where’s the VOTE FOR THE CANDIDATE WHO WILL MONKEYSLAP POSTERS WHO DON’T LINK TO THREADS IN THEIR OP thread?

Such an assumption is pretty much guaranteed to be wrong, no matter what the subject.:wink:

Who cares? I haven’t even read any other of the replies in this thread. I saw the thread in question and then I saw this one here in the pit and the very first think I thought…WHO. CARES?

It’s not an important thing. If the only thing you have to be up in arms about is the fact that a few people ACCIDENTLY posted twice then you’ve got it really easy. In fact, I wish I was you with that load of problems you have.

Geez, what a lame pitting. And I’m not even a huge critique of members here. I never start or contribute to pile ons. I mostly just observe…but really, TFD, this ranks about a -5 on the importance scale. It’s almost hard for me to believe you’re being serious here. :dubious:

Anyway, time to read the thread. Sorry for replying without reading any posts but I wanted to rant while it was still fresh in my mind. :slight_smile:

Nothing against you, TFD,–I like you as a poster–but really, don’t you have other, better things to rant about?

I could go on about the McCain campaign, but I assume the most posters aren’t happy with it anyway.

I’m sad you missed out on that Junior Mod Justice League thread. Apparently you should’ve been a founding member. It looks like Czarcasm told you both to drop the squabbling and get over it, so why not give that a try? :stuck_out_tongue:

Why not just click on the “reply” number by the thread title at the forum page. Count the number of persons listed as posting and let it go at that. Multiple posters will have a higher number count but will only be listed once.

You put your foot in your mouth on that one. :smiley:
Read this thread.

And Czarcasm as well. I never squabbled in that thread and neither did Hazle

160 to 37. (As of 1:48 PDT 10/26)

I’ve read this thread, thanks. “Proposing” that somebody be suspended because you don’t like how they’ve posted to one of your threads is whiny junior-modding.

If you have so much goddamn energy for us McCain supporters, please channel it to volunteering for McCain instead of making the threads even.

Of course, that’s assuming they have tasks for the mentally challenged to do.

Well, they did originally sign me up to the SDMB under the name of an Elvis Costello album.

I see I got back to you a little late. You don’t have to count the number of persons. Just take the “number of posts” and subtract the few extra posts for the few posters listed near the top.

And thankyou crowmanyclouds

Does that include the vote for Barr in the McCain thread?

or more to the point assuming there’s task for a Canadian to do.

He’d retracted that by the time you posted.