Obama orders clandestine support of Syrian rebels

This nonsense is gainsaid by the fact that two of the leaks include the US revealing that Saudi Arabia and Israel were going to cooperate to attack Iran and Azerbaijan was going to, as well. That doesn’t even touch on the leak from two anonymous administration members (gainsaid by a third, also anonymous member) that we were certain Israel was behind the assassinations of Iranian scientists.

You’ve constructed some odd sort of conspiracy where Netanyahu is trying to influence American politics, and you’re ignoring vital information in order to attempt to make your claims stick.

As for you not grokking why it wasn’t in the US’ interest to be taking public responsibility for an attack on a nation with a long history of launching terrorist attacks at United States personnel in specific and civilians in general… eh, I’m sure you can figure it out. You might also want to read up on the subject. That I’m merely “claiming” that Iran’s been retaliating for Stuxnet is risible given Iranian involvement in attacks carried out against Israeli consular personnel. P.S. confirming our development of specific cyberweaponry, its development cycle, its mode of use etc… is, also, not opaquely a poor choice.

I might have been deliberate.

Yes, you can. Part of the Iranian leaders would prefer better relationships with the USA. Attacks are obviously going to undermine their position.

Hey, this time it’s reasonable!

Agreed that Assad has to go . . . Only, what then?

“Be careful what you wish for…in case your wishes come true”
Man, what a mess. What is likely to emerge in Syria will probably be something that neither the USA or Israel wants. It may well break up into several states.
I hope the USA stays out of this.

We have another Lebonon in the making. The rebels are brutal extremists. Civil war and genocide of innocents is likley to follow without U.N. oversight. The mid east is a mess.

And Assad is brutalizing everybody as he tries to hang on to power.

And just ask Der Trihs…America is brutal too. Russia is pretty brutal for sticking with the status quo…and China as well. And don’t even get me started about Belgium…

It’s a brutal, brutal world. Oh, the humanity…

What matters is whether or not Syrians will be better of.

I used to think that Assad was a “regular” dictator (like say, Pinochet, as opposed to the most bloody butchers like Saddam Hussein), but what he did during this revolution has been absolutely horrific.

Assad’s brutality should be a lesson to the world that crap like this still is happening and can happen. Hopefully he will fall and the new government isn’t just as bad.

This is the part that bugs me with the Stuxnet admission. That, along with removing that sense from the Iranian regime of being hit with something out of nowhere and not knowing what or who hit them.

Yes, I’m sure the Iranians never would have guessed the two countries most firmly opposed to their nuclear program were responsible.

Let them guess. What do we gain by the admission? And tipping our hand as to our cyberwar capabilities?

Nothing, and I’m not saying the leak is a good idea. But the concept that Iran had no idea who or what hit it is far fetched.

Eh, you’re probably right. Even if they weren’t sure its a pretty short list of suspects and they likely view at least the US and Israel as a cabal anyway.

Actually, what Pinochet did was pretty bloody.

There’s a difference between guessing, and having us remove all doubt. Nobody said that Iran “had no idea”, but waving our hands and shouting “Hey, it was us, whatcha gonna do about it!” is not wise. Not the least of which because we should be trying to win friends among the Iranian people and using Israel as the “bad cop” in this situation could’ve easily been used to our advantage in leveraging Iran at the negotiating table.

That’s pretty much turned to shit now, though. They also now know the location and personnel which/who conducted the development of Stuxnet. No bueno.

Correction: Obama orders formerly clandestine support of Syrian rebels…

Of course, the Freeptards assume Obama is doing this for the sake of his brothers in Islam. But I notice nobody comes out and says they want Assad to win this war. It does present them with rather a cognitive-dissonance problem, I suppose, since Assad is backed by Russia.