Obama's Civilian National Security Force

What is a Civilian National Security Force? I can’t find a reference to what Obama meant when he called for one:

**“We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.” **

Cite?

Where did this allegedly come from?

And for the sake of full disclosure, would you state your Party affiliations?

Maybe Obama has finally conceded the point that a well-regulated militia is necessary to the security of a free state. :stuck_out_tongue:

You Tube -
26 minute version
From Obama

This speech is along the lines of JFK’s what can you do for your country speech with a twist. This part is about 16 minutes into the long version.

As best as I can translate:

We will enlist our veterans to find jobs … and support for other vets… and to be there for our other military families. And we are going to grow our Foreign Service. Open consulates that have been shuttered and double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy. We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.

It sounds like he’s going to spend a fortune on the Peace Corps and he just pulled “civilian national security force” out of thin air.

He goes on to propose a volunteer program of middle and high school kids consisting of 50 hrs of service a year tied to federal assistance. Good luck with that.

Many of my students volunteer many more hours a year than that, and would jump at the chance to get help with college out of the experience. I think it has a great chance of succeeding, done correctly.

That’s not what he is proposing. He wants every middle and high school student to do 50 hrs of service per year and make federal assistance conditional on school districts developing service plans.

My 26 minute link above doesn’t work so you can trythis and click about 3/4 of the way to get to 20 minutes.

A previous discussion

Yeah. Thats a horrible turn of phrase though. Sounds like we’re going to hand everyone M16’s or sign em to work for DHS.