Obama's Transition website

C-SPAN clip of Biden on the Senate floor bitching about the Administration’s fucked up policies in Iraq. No Barack rolling involved.

I think this is so cool. More importantly, it’s one of the first moves in a Presidency that it seems will be marked by voluntarily massive levels of accountability and professionalism that we have not seen in this context in a long, long time.

I wrote my own screed about LGBT rights, but won’t share it, as it’s between me and the President-Elect now. (Well, and his staffers, and his webmaster, and a few Chinese hackers, and…)

Was only kidding. Watched it even. He’s awesome, got some fight in him.

Oh crap, this silly stuff is making me cry too! I gotta buy me some stock in Kleenex…

p.s. HAHAHAHA

What kind of jobs are they offering? I can’t think of anything beyond being some sort of policy wonk based out of the White House. Not that that’s bad, but if they’ve got photographers applying blindly that’s sort of a waste of time, isn’t it? I just wonder why they don’t specify any kind of needed skillsets at all. Or location, even. Some people might be interested, but can’t move to DC for any number of reasons.

I’m Wonk School and my classmates and I have been poring over that site for the last couple days. We are positively giddy, I tell you what. We’re gonna get JOBS after graduation!

Well, to my knowledge, they’re not really offering anything yet. Also, if you’re interested but can’t move to DC for whatever reason, that disqualifies those people pretty quickly.

That’s what I suspected, but with such a vague jobs page I’m betting they’re going to get a lot of completely useless applications.

I mean, I’d love to work for the guy, but I’m not a policy wonk and I doubt he needs what I got.

Hey, you could always be his Kaio the Doper! :smiley:

Depends on what you got. Maybe you’d make a good White House chef, or something like that. You never know until you ask. :smiley:

Okay, so they’ve changed the website so that there’s no dropdown menu for Agenda, and the page where you can submit your suggestions is no longer linked to in the Agenda section. (Its still there, however.) And now, the dropdown menu for American Moment has a Share Your Vision submission page which is nearly identical to the one asking for your ideas.

I bring this all up, because they’ve clearly made changes to the site, yet the speck that TheTyrant pointed out, is still there! :smack: Mebbe we should make with the crazies about it and see how long it takes them to fix it?

[del]

This part of the site seems to be gone for now.[/del]

Nevermind. Thanks, Tuckerfan.

Help yourself–it’s not like I don’t just exude this stuff more or less all the time! :stuck_out_tongue:

I used that Agenda function to ask for greater funding of research of rare diseases, and asked my friends to do the same. Who reads this stuff, if anyone, I don’t know - the site immediately directs you to tell your friends about how hard the adminstration is working - but I hope it matters.

I’ll say. He’s already changed the part about national service, throwing the “required” part that was originally there down the memory hole.

Of course, he did run on the “change” platform. We’re getting some already!

They fixed the speck! :stuck_out_tongue: They also put back the Agenda section.