Obscene phone calls--your stories, solutions, and stuff

When I first got my own phone line (in my parents house), I got a constant stream of wrong numbers. Always for the same people, Dahlia and Mohammed.

When we moved, I still got a lot of wrong numbers, although not for one person. Then I started getting alot of hang ups, and a message on my answering machine detailing some sexual acts (which, as I was 14 and sheltered, scared the shit outta me, PLUS I checked my messages when my dad was in the room. We were mortified.)

The calls solidified into a pattern, calling breathing etc. I hung up, my dad left the message on my answering machine (so it was no longer the voice of a young girl) etc.

Finally, we called the police. They traced the call… to a payphone in a prison. We assume it was taken care of on that end, since the calls stopped.

Had a guy phone me several times one night to call me a “faggot.” Finally, unplugged the phone and went back to sleep. When I left for work the next day, there was an “X” on my front door. What a fun experience that was.

LaurAnge–that’s pretty creepy, especially considering it must have been one of the staff making the calls. Prisoners MUST call collect, AFAIK.

Back before the days of *69 and caller ID, my family used to have an answering machine that didn’t always turn off when you picked up the phone, so we had an amusing call recorded on the tape for a while …

Some moron calls and leaves a graphic message (about what exactly, I don’t remember – I was about 10 at the time & didn’t understand much of it). My mother, who happened to be home, picked up the phone and waited until the caller was finished. Then she said calmly, “Yes, officer, this is the call we want to trace.”

Funny how the guy hung up after that …

Damn. I think I picked up one of those calls once, when I was about 12. Heavy breathing. Sounded to me like the guy was horribly wounded. I got worried, gave up, and hung up. Eventually figured it to be a prank, had no idea it might be obscene.

A mild hijack, since this was prank calls, not obscene…

I was over a friend’s house a few years ago and some girl had been making repeated prank calls to the house. Finally, his dad answered it. “This is the police,” he said in a stern voice. “We’ve been told that you’ve been calling hear. You will stop immediately, or you’ll be in a lot more trouble.” That’s just a paraphrase, but it’s the general idea. He may have suggested arrest. Perhaps not the best solution, but it scared this girl sh*tless. He told us after he hung up that all she had been able to say was “Wah… wah… wah…”

:smiley:

I think what I would do is go to my computer, turn a speaker over on its side, lay the phone down and turn on Smash Mouth’s cover of “Why Can’t We Be Friends” on continuous :wink:

I had a teenage girl call (I could hear her friends in the back ground) and she started off suggesting some (tepid) sex acts.

I countered with putting my hand up her bum and pulling out some feces and then spreading it all over her boobs.

{CLICK}
I still chuckle about it, but I suppose these days that sort of technique might be illegal if the caller is a minor.

This thread is a zombie, so I’m putting it down. It was bumped by a new user, and I’ve moved his comments to a different thread as they were regarding making, rather than receiving, obscene calls.

The new thread is here.