Obscure cult movies you were unimpressed with

No, I love Firefly
The death of you know who was upsetting but made sense in the movie Serenity, but the death in Dr. Horrible was just so aggravating and the consequence resulting from it was :smack: The least Dr. Horrible could have done was kill himself :dubious:

The Princess Bride was a complete waste of time.

Would you mind sending me some hair, fingernail clippings and maybe a spot of blood for a little [del]black magic[/del] side project I have going?

“I do not think it means what you think it means.”

I don’t think I lasted past the first episode, though I love Captain Tightpants, like Doogie, and don’t usually mind Joss. It could be Attention Deficit Disorder, but I survived entire episodes of Nova and Psych tonight with only minimal fidgeting. Maybe Dr Horrible just isn’t very good.

Blue Velvet is one of my all time favorite films. :slight_smile:

Repo Man is just silly and boring.

The Big Lebowski is one of the greatest comedies ever made. So there.

Not really an obscure movie, but 9 1/2 Weeks was always presented as an unjustly overlooked movie that was simply too hot and sophisticated for American audiences to handle. When I finally saw it, I just thought it was a pile of tedious pathology that wasn’t interesting on any level.

Dr. Horrible was one of the funniest movies I’ve ever seen. What’s wrong with you people? I’m gonna sic Bad Horse on ya!

That is so unDude of you…

John Turturro in a purple jumpsuit?
Tara Reid offering to blow Lebowski for a grand?
John Goodman screwing up a tender farewell to a fallen friend?

Inconceivable!

Your inner child must be taking a nap.

I was lucky enough to see Rocky Horror before the audience took over. The score by Richard O’Brien is classic, one of the all-time greats.

Nothing funny in the Big Lebowski? Guy holds up a bowling ball and snarls “What the hell is this?” Lebowski “Plianly you’re not into golf.”

I’m glad someone responded “Inconceivable” to the state that the Princess bride was/is a complete waste of time. This is a sword and sorcery movie with the wonderfully anachronistic line "Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is “never get involved in a land war in Asia”

But only slightly less well known is this:

Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is in the line!

:D:D:D:eek:

It’s only mostly dead.

Sorry but none of the characters appealed to me and I generally just found it annoying.

Actually I think it might be the Coen brother movies I can’t stand. Raising Arizona, The Hudsucker Proxy, O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Burn After Reading were all movies that I tried watching but got turned off by the writing style and the characters. Usually I turned the movies off within the first half hour.

I have no idea of Andrzej Zulawski’s Possession qualifies as a cult film. I saw it about a year ago. It is a very bad movie, and I suspect copious amounts of pharmaceuticals were required both to make it and to appreciate it.

In my own personal ratings system, Isabelle Adjani’s bare breasts lift it from a 2 to a 6 out of 10, which should speak volumes about the power of Isabelle Adjani’s bare breasts.

I hope nobody hates me, but while I am a big fan of anime I don’t like Akira

BLASPHEMER!!!

(Ohmigod, me too!)

“King of Hearts” was stupid and boring. :cool:

I think you have to be dead inside to not like Princess Bride.