Octomom update: She's Still a Piece of Crap

Christ, there’s TWO of them now?

Shit!

:smiley:

True, but it WAS extremely irresponsible of the doctor to give them to her.

I’m not sure he is allowed legally to refuse her?

If that was the case, he wouldn’t have lost his license.

Hmm - I wasn’t paying attention when that was going on - what did they charge him with?

From here.

According to the article, the revocation just took effect. I thought it had already happened. I do know I read it was in progress.

A doctor is ethically required to do no preventable harm, nor to act against the best interests of his patients. I can’t fathom a situation where transplanting six embryos into a woman’s uterus all at once is in anyone’s best interests, precisely because of the scenario that happened. Implanting two or three yes, as it’s common enough for one or more of the embryos not to “take”, and twins and triplets, although having elevated risks, are considered quite managable with modern medicine. Six? No way.

It was the fact that he implanted 12 embryos at once. The doctor is not allowed ethically to filter patients by incoem or marital status. He also failed to screen another patient for ovarian cancer before giving her drugs which hasten the development of the disease.

But seriously, the article is nothing compared to a link in the sidebar - this NSFW article about her doing a diaper fetish video. I guess I can see that she must be utterly deesperate for money. But Holy Moses! Who even gets an offer like that?!?

Link NSFW

I wonder if they would have gone after the doctor if those other patients hadn’t had trouble and/or if Octomom hadn’t ended up on assistance.

Oh, I thought that the “not take” percentage was much higher.

Wait, 6 or 12 embryos?

(I really was not following this story at all, other than any headlines I couldn’t avoid. The fact she was having a litter was bad enough, but then when our state ended up having to pay for it…)

It varies considerably from woman to woman, of course - some women manifest infertility as a high rate of miscarriage, whereas in others it’s a low rate of conception or some other factor.

Octomom was relatively young, and already had a history of pregnancies by which to judge her likely reactions. Implanting more than 2 (3 at the most) in such a woman, from what I understand, would be seen as unethical and needlessly risky by today’s standard practices.

She’s OCto-Mom because she had Octuplets. She already had six children. The Dr. implanted 12 embryos and 8 “took.”

‘Octomom’ Nadya Suleman facing forclosure again

IMHO this woman is about as useless as a person can be. I doubt she will ever try to work and support her family. I feel very sorry for these children. I agree with those that have said it would be best for them if they were adopted out.

Michelle Bachmann? I mean, I’m sorry for the kids, but better those six take the hit than the other three hundred million of us…

Sorry, the entire genetic line must be extinguished.

She and they can be sold as parts. There’s a market for that somewhere.

My dad has a friend who suffered sudden kidney failure. I’m sure Octomom or one of her spawns’ kidneys is a match.

nm

AIUI, twelve were implanted, of which six took. Then two of those six split into two separate embryos, boosting the total to eight.

I’m sorry about your dad’s friend, but that’s just fucking sick.

Ewwwwww.