Octopus here's your own thread to shit all over

(For context, read the exchange between Octopussy and me starting here, and ending with the following post.)

My apologies, Octopus, your assumption here is my fault. Upon reviewing my post, I see that while I submitted it, I didn’t properly conclude it. And this is why you didn’t get the point which is this: You’re worthless as a conservative.

I grew up in a conservative family - my grandmother, for example, was Calvinist by disposition, Scottish by ancestry, Catholic by conversion, and spent a good chunk of her life lecturing me on the dangers of secular humanism. My father was the more typical conservative- had a successful small business after a few life hiccups, believed in the Reagan revolution, and thought his business was an example of the benefits of said revolution.

They’re passed now, and I’m 98% sure they all would have been Trump 2016 voters, but there was something different about them and the modern conservative and it’s this:

It’s all the fucking whining. It’s the lying, yes, but, really, it’s the whining. Modern conservatives do nothing but whine about how others are being mean to them, a victimization cult which would’ve disgusted my grandmother who said to me ‘nothing, John, is worse than a whiny man. Once is a complaint, anything else is whining. Fix it, accept it, or move on.’ Our brand of conservatism worshipped at the altar of productivity, work, thrift, and effort, values completely unspoken of by the modern Trump-supporting conservative.

All you do is whine, Octo. You whine about people different than you, you whine about the environment here, you whine about protests, and you whine about how people respond to your whining. You whine about being here.

Maybe it’s me, but I ‘hear’ as I read, and when I read your words there is a particular keening tone to them, the sound of the self-victimized, privileged, white male that is too certain in their mediocrity to ever look inside themselves to see what needs bettering.

And I know you are going to reflexively respond with ‘hive mind’ and your usual tropes about ‘liberals’, but please understand that for me, it’s not the ideology which you have which bothers me, it’s the unproductive whining.

Just stop.