Octopus here's your own thread to shit all over

I do, actually. I’ve criticized broad brushing on both sides, most recently in the ATMB discussions.

I think this board is what you make of it. There are lots of conservative posters who are frequently challenged, but rarely get vulgar insults lobbed their way, because they choose to post thoughtful arguments rather than silliness, for the most part. You’re making a different choice.

I would say 99.9% of all posters are never Pitted, and many go their entire time here without ever posting or even reading the Pit. Many posters hardly know it exists. So if it means that a few whiny little mewling pukes like you don’t feel welcome here, I can live with that. :smiley:

And besides if you don’t feel welcome, why do you keep coming here? As I’ve pointed out, it’s not just to “defend” yourself (which invariably ends up making you look even worse anyway.)

I’m not sure if you believe that.

Well, how well is that working out for you? How well is this pitting Sunny Daze started working? Poor reading comprehension is one thing delusions are more serious.

Sometimes, when dealing with a poster who has some degree of intelligence and maturity, a Pitting can get them to reflect and change their behavior. Obviously that is not the case here.

The best result would have been to get you to stop acting like an asshole. Barring that, the second best result would be for you to go away. Obviously, neither of those things are happening. Rather forlorn hopes given past behavior, admittedly. Like we’ll always have cockroaches, we’ll always have a few posters like you.

The third best option is to see the Pittee make a fool of himself and point and laugh. That one is actually working pretty well.

Going into the pit and complaining about cursing and insults is like going to a dive bar and complaining they won’t make you a Pimms Cup. The pit is not for genteel debate. The whole point of it is so people with beefs or rants have a place to vent. If you don’t like it there are other forums. 11 in fact. Lots of posters never come here.

So you admit to bullying into conformity. And if your search tool wasn’t so primitive you’d see I was pitted originally for not being a rabid member of the liberal orthodoxy. Yeah, laugh away.

Also, his customary “the irony, it burns”. It took until post #301 for him to whip that one out - remarkable.

This is not remotely correct.

There are such posters who are conservative but rarely if ever post on political matters (or altogether), and there are also those who are not conservative altogether but get defined as conservative by comparison with this board. But there are few if any conservative posters who prolifically post on political topics who don’t get attacked in the same manner as octopus.

Again, claiming you’re being bullied just makes you look pathetic, especially when you come into the Pit voluntarily. So we can point and laugh at that some more.

But yeah, if you could be shamed into not being such an asshole, that would be great. Most people aren’t assholes, and so they aren’t Pitted. But a true asshole is proud of being an asshole, which seems to fill the bill as far as you are concerned.

Even if that were true, which I strongly doubt, that’s really not the reason you’re Pitted.

We’ve seen this bullshit hundreds of times. Someone acts like an asshole, is Pitted, and then tries to claim it’s due to some other reason such as their politics. It doesn’t really work, since everyone sees through it.

Again, if you had a functioning search tool you wouldn’t need to be so disingenuous. If I actually cared what went on in that pea-sized brain of yours I’d post the time line. But since you are dishonest and the majority of the pit folk are dishonest it’s pointless.

So just do what you do and hopefully you’ll come to the conclusion that what you are doing isn’t productive at all.

In addition to lying and bad reading your math sucks. 99.9% of people are never pitted yet you see this “bullshit hundreds of times.” So your number of posters is just shy of a million? Just stop with the delusions.

Maybe occasionally, but thoughtful conservative arguments are generally responded to with thoughtful liberal arguments, in addition to some vulgar chaff. And outside of the Pit, the personal insults aren’t allowed.

I agree it’s pointless, since even if your first Pitting was over politics the fact remains that other Pittings were because you’re an asshole.

Actually, I think that having the Pit as an outlet does help to improve civility on the rest of the board. And if it makes a few assholes like you feel unwelcome, I think that’s a feature rather than a bug.

(And once again, if you think it’s “not productive” I don’t understand why you spend more than half your time here.)

It’s not my problem you can’t figure out how to read “number of users” and “number of active users”.

Regarding GB, I’ll say this one time: if you have a problem with that Board, you should take it over there and stop bitching about it.

That’s BS. It’s far from occasionally. It’s frequently. Furthermore, the broadbrushing of Republicans and conservative thought is endemic. The problem is you are either willfully blind to it or your biases are so strong that you can’t even see it.

An outlet for what? An outlet to try to enforce some form of ideological conformity? That’s all it is. It’s a method to have mob pressure to try to enforce some arbitrary social norms that the current board majority holds. That’s all it does.

Are you saying that the mods are so impotent in the rest of the board that a simple warning or suspension wouldn’t work? This is a dumb experiment and it’s only kept because the administration is/was too pig headed to admit error.

And what part of why I post in the Pit don’t you understand? It should be clear even in the double digit IQ brains that infest the Pit. I refuse to be bullied online. I’m not going to be shamed or insulted into some form of social compliance. If you are so stupid as to understand why that doesn’t work on a large number of people and actually backfires you are probably one of the many who were utterly confounded as you alternated between cries of anguish and despair and curling in a fetal position during the election results.

You don’t understand because you lack empathy and insight. Sad!

Some posters (like you) are Pitted multiple times, and whine about being Pitted for their politics dozens of times in the same thread. But nitpicking the numbers is lame. It just shows you have no other defense.

I don’t care what you have to say. You fools have no issue with thousands of posts trolling this board over there including posts that denigrate everyone from the random members to practically every mod and admin here. Maybe not the prolific posters there that also mod here… But that’s a different subject. So shut it with the hypocrisy.

And that’s the thing, you hypocrits think you are coming from some moral high ground. Cross board trolling, disingenuous mods posting as posters, and vile users that think child rape jokes are funny don’t have the high ground. So what if you all are laughing at me. Look at yourselves with an honest and critical eye. You won’t find anything to laugh about.

That’s true, but the vulgar chaff part has a significant role, and can’t be ignored.

If you have two guys having a thoughtful and substantive discussion, and one guy is also on the receiving end of a lot of vulgar chaff in addition to the thoughtful and substantive parts, it skews the argument. The one guy comes off to the casual onlooker - not to mention the reasonable-but-somewhat-biased people - like a guy about whom opinions vary as to whether he’s a complete idiot or at best just a guy who misunderstands the issue, while his debate opponent comes off like some sort of sage who is resisting the urge to tell the guy what he really thinks of him, even while his tone has a condescending aspect to it as he patiently explains to the guy why he missed the boat.

It has something of a good-cop-bad-cop tag teaming aspect to it.

Bottom line is that if you’re going to be a minority in discussions which inflame people’s passions, you need to make occasional use of a good left jab. Those who loftily advise otherwise are people who carefully avoid being in the minority ideology to begin with, and don’t know.

Your goal is to change me or get rid of me? Correct?

Pretending that you don’t understand what I actually said also doesn’t fool anyone either.