Octopus here's your own thread to shit all over

That’s just standard circling the wagons and denial tactics. I’m only surprised it took so long.

Or maybe your perception is incorrect. Since you almost never go to the effort of citing the posts you criticize, your arguments remain unpersuasive.

To be fair, when it comes to “denial tactics” octopus is our resident subject expert.

The particularly funny thing is the timeline.

On August 14, he says there’s no constructive reason to keep the thread open and that it should be closed. It doesn’t get closed, but it’s also the last day anybody posts in it. The thread dies, and it dies with ECG admonishing other posters for their behavior towards him. That was the very last post in the thread.

10 days later, he bumps the now-dead thread to stir the pot with his usual “wah wah this board isn’t a safe space for my bullshit” shtick. Not to add new information. Not to comment on a new event. Just to revive the argument by linking back to an entirely different (and even older) thread full of his usual “wah wah this board isn’t a safe space for my bullshit” shtick.

So now the last post in the thread is also from ECG, but it’s about his “wah wah this board isn’t a safe space for my bullshit” schtick.

But I guess he got the thread closed after all, so well done?

Do you ever say anything new?
Please, tell us, what wagons were circled and what exactly was denied?
Maybe next time you could point out that Ed seems to have forgotten to add a rule about hi-jacks . . . I mean, you do so love to quote Ed on rules that don’t actually exist so that would be new.

When explaining to people I know why I participate in this community I used to point out that we even have our own village idiot, but more and more I question the usefulness of such a personage. I can see a use, sometimes, for a “devil’s advocate”, but does an “idiot’s advocate” really provide any service in a world overrun by malignant idiots?

When everybody and his dog is circling the wagons to avoid you, maybe the problem is you.

Oh, wait, it’s just the hive being the hive. Or is it the “herd” now? It’s hard to keep track of what’s fashionable now on the outer limits of the lunatic fringe. I must say, though, that a pink (or maybe magenta) octopus with a top hat and a monocle is a fitting avatar for the [un]reality that you claim to inhabit.

ETA: Seriously, @octopus, how about you make an effort to make your arguments more evidence-based and believable, with cites that are credible and that you actually understand? Because at this point you’re mostly just noise.

Usually, “circling the wagons” is a defensive measure, but octopussy defines it as the herd surrounding him.

“Everybody is looking at me! LOOK AT ME!”

Fap fap fap fap fap.

I noticed that quite a few right-wingers have a difficult time grasping things like this. Like, they once thought a witch hunt was when you were being hunted by witches, or that comparingTrump’s
Campaign to the Death Star, comparing Thomas to Thanos, etc.

They also don’t understand that “Fake News” was a term for Russian troll farmers deliberately making false articles for their Facebook feeds. They dismiss any reports of them being assholes as “Fake News” to the point where their supporters prefer blissful ignorance.

If only there was a user tool that allowed one to deal with posters or posts they don’t like to see? I suppose agency is too much to ask.

I have no idea how that makes sense as a response to my post. Do you mean, I should should put them on ignore because they are annoying? If everyone followed your advice, this would be a really lonely place for you.

I can deal with annoying. I don’t have anyone on my ignore list. What I dislike is lack of impartiality or integrity. I also dislike being influenced by social approval or mob mentality. Ideas, however, don’t scare me and I don’t feel the need to forbid any topic of conversation between so-called adults. Nor do I feel the need to mangle language to the point that it becomes meaningless. Sentences, however…

I really have no idea how any of this has to do with my post. I’d better check with the hive.

You’re not on my ignore list (obviously) – I know that someday you’ll add value to this board, and I was to see it when it happens!

I could translate but I’m not sure what exit to use.
And he’d deny it anyway.

I’ve always been curious what’d it be like to have a weird lil stalker. But why a bird?

Stalking? You’re funny!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Trolls R Us Resurrections

95 posts were merged into an existing topic: Trolls R Us Resurrections