Official 83rd Academy Awards thread

Viva Cliff Clavin! With Toy Story 3’s win, John Ratzenberger now joins William Holden & Gregory Peck as the actors with the most oscar-winning films to their credit, with 13 each. Next Pixar film or two, and he’ll probably break that record.

Thanks for the input. We’re adjusting things to be better right now.

Why would they decide against having hosts who are used to perfoming live in front of an audience? James Franco and Anne Hathaway are lovely to look at but they really seem out of their element so far.

Screw Toy Story 3 to hell. Tangled was twice the animated film.

Justin Timberlake is always likeable. I’d still never buy any of his music, but he always seems like a pretty cool guy.

:smack:

Mine still works, though. :smiley:

Guess TS-won’t be upsetting for Best Picture, then.

Not so much when you got a good look up on the stage. But, when he was hugging and kissing everyone around him I thought the same thing! “Why is he so excited? Did he do a voice?”

I forgot about the Oscars and turned them on right when best animated was given out. I think that was good timing. I liked Toy Story 3 and think it is a well deserved win.

“Stiff” is the word that comes to mind.

Those white jackets kind of take away from Brolin and Bardem’s manly man-ness.

Adapted Screenplay: Aaron Sorkin - The Social Network

Social Network oscars - 1. King’s Speech oscars - 0.

Aaron Sorkin rules!!!

The Social Network really was a damned good screenplay. Terrific dialogue. Good win

Geez, stop with the playing-off music! One of the greatest living screenwriters is talking.

I liked Toy Story 3, but I think even How to Train Your Dragon was better(or at least equal).

Best Original Screenplay: David Seidler - The King’s Speech

Javier has a weird laugh

King’s Speech for original screenplay? I would have said Inception.

Well, nothing surprising from the screenplay awards.

Weird to have the Screenplay awards so early, but these were both pretty inevitable choices.

Me too, though I would have given every award to Inception this year. Best movie of the last few years, I think.