Oh, Cecil. Where are you? Beckdawrek summons you

And pie.

Just sayin’

I’m afraid Cecil Adams head would implode at the deer camp. Way too much ignorance to fight.

Does Mister Beck know about this? :roll_eyes:

Mr. Wrekker is the ring leader.

When come back from deer camp, bring pie.

Hey, Cec…@VOW says I have resources.
Ya want some resources?:wink:

This is like waiting on Santa to get here with my gifts.:santa:

A little Christmas in July would be nice. It’s C in J Eve.
Yep. I’m hanging my stocking

I’m beginning to think Santa Claus is a myth.
:roll_eyes:

Beck, if you think Cecil is a myth, then you are wrong. And so are your friends who believe the same.

They have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe except they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds. All minds, Beck, whether they be men’s or children’s, are little. Cecil works to expand ours.

Yes, Beck, there is a Cecil Adams. He exists as certainly as curiosity and questions and answers exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Cecil Adams. It would be as dreary as if there were no Becks. There would be no faith in other posters then, no poetry in Thread Games, no Great Debates to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which the Straight Dope fills the world, through the written word, would be extinguished.

Not believe in Cecil Adams! You might as well not believe in fairies! You might get Mr. Wrek to hire men to watch all the Admins, Mods, and twenty-plus-year-posters, to catch Cecil Adams, but even if they did not see Cecil Adams posting on the board, what would that prove? Nobody sees Cecil Adams, but that is no sign that there is no Cecil Adams. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor we posters can see. Did you ever see Cecil Adams dancing on your lawn? Of course not, but that’s no proof that he wasn’t there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.

You may look at each separate Doper’s profile and get an idea of who we are, but there is a veil covering ourselves. Agree or disagree, the only thing we Dopers have in common is our belief in Cecil Adams. Only faith, fancy, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond, as we post our views. Is it all real? Ah, Beck, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding. It is Cecil that brings these out in each of us.

Beck, Cecil is real. We don’t need for him to pop his head in from time to time; he’s simply happy to know that we believe. So, dear Beck, believe in him.

Friend always,

S.

It’s Cecil_Adams these days.

~Max

Oh, @Spoons you’ve renewed my beliefs.
I can go on, barely.
As usual you astound me with your abilities with the written word.

I feel happy. The Dope is full of so many smart people.
What’s the tag line? "The smartest and hippest…(and then the “dipsticks”)

I am restored on this nice Saturday morning.
And …very happy I had only 2 ripe tomatoes in the garden.
:upside_down_face:

Damn squirrels. You would think that the sound of sleigh bells would frighten them away.

@carni*
As usual you make me laugh!

*nickname

Cecil, see how funny these folks are?

Do not taunt Cecil.

Heh, Made you look!

Where are you, Cecil?
Outer Mongolia?

In a secure location.

@Beckdawrek

“Where are you Cecil?”

Answer: