Oh hey this place looks reasonable - LOL NOPE

Check this out:

Long story short, a place advertising for $70 per night turns into $807 per night due to thousands of dollars in “service” fees.

I don’t know about you guys but if I had $3000+ to spend on accommodations I’d be staying at a damn fancy hotel.

I have that same Wal-Mart beach towel that’s in the photo. Looks like a suburban house in Any-where,USA.
That beach must be fantastic.

Where are you seeing that? I don’t see any reference to fees in your link. Although it does look like they’ll rent to 10-year-olds.

Ha! Says $85 a night and then when I went through to book one night, May 30th, it came back with;

Total C$1,284.04
Includes taxes and fees

Click on “show details”. Hover over the little blue “i” for a breakdown on the fees.

*Charge 'em for the lice, extra for the mice
Two percent for looking in the mirror twice
Here a little slice, there a little cut
Three percent for sleeping with the window shut
When it comes to fixing prices
There are a lot of tricks I knows
How it all increases, all them bits and pieces
Jesus! It’s amazing how it grows!

I just looked at booking a long weekend. $355CAD for a Wednesday through Sunday for two people. Not too bad, right?

BRING ON THE FEES

Transportation 			$381
Spa 				$508
Early Arrival 			$63
Cleaning 			$63
Guest 				$31
Service 			$1,011
Food 				$254
Tour 				$379
Service Fee			$183

Fees total $2,921.97, 821% of the nightly cost.

Curious what exactly “Service” includes for $1,011.

That’s Dreas mortgage payment. One customer a month and she can lay on the beach the rest of the month.

Yeah, but that’s Canadian dollars. It’s a buck-fifty US. :wink:

Transportation: C$95.330
Spa: C$127.07
Early Arrival: C$63.54
Cleaning: C$63.54
Guest: C$31.77
Service: C$252.87
Food: C$63.54
Tour: C$379.94

Think of a bull servicing a cow.

Maaaaaaan, i better be bustin a nut. Thats all I’m saying.

What is the transportation fee, is that my airfare to HI?
Why is there an early arrival fee when I didn’t ask to arrive early?
Why is there a food charge when the website states, “Meals:Guests provide their own meals”
What is the Tour fee for if one is just there for fishing & surfing, which is just across the street, according to what they advertise?
Why is there a “Service Fee” on top of “Service” fee?
Since when does one pay CAD for HI? Isn’t it a US state?

All good questions; I can only answer the last one.

The prices are in Canadian dollars because it’s a Canadian website.

990.12 in us dollars per op…

What I want to know is: does that “guest” fee mean they give you one? Are you supposed to feed it? Is there an extra fee for making sure you’ve got a common language? Is there a different fee for making sure you do not have a common language?

:confused:

Hey, she offers access to “natural pathic” healers, which is easily worth all those added charges.

I’m still kicking myself for booking a room in a chain motel on a recent trip, when I could have stayed at a “ranch” establishment in town that got this rave online review:

“The walls are paper thin requiring that we go to Walgreens at 10 pm to get ear plugs. The halls are worn and smell of mildew. The end doors to the halls are all beat up. Lots of bikers come here. Many wearing Jorts.”

To top it off, this joint was hosting the Texas Concealed Handgun Association. I’ll bet a good time was had by all.

My personal favourite review, for sheer succinctness (it was actually quite a decent backpackers, but the management had just changed): ‘This is the worst place I’ve ever stayed, and I’ve been to prison.’
Back to the OP’s place, I wonder if it’s just someone’s somewhat daft attempt to take the place temporarily off rental without taking the advert down. Add insane extra charges in every category, remove them later if/when they want to open up again.

They advertise as a “bed and breakfast”, but you have to bring your own food? Do you also have to bring your own bed, too?