Oh, Lil'Debbie what HAVE you done?

I pretty much stopped buying them myself since the star crunches (not their real name but yall know what I’m talking about) stopped production until they put out a version of my favorite hostess item the orange cupcake … They weren’t as orangey flavored but when its 1.25 for a box of those vs 1.25 just for a single hostess pack of 2 well you know who wins

And am I the only one who misses the hostess thrift store? I remember Wednesdays which was 2 for a dollar up to 10$ i… when i made my lunch thats how we got a snack in them … mom gave us 10 and said that’s for your lunches but wed end up with soo much we actually got sick of them for a while and switched to pudding cups …

When I was a kid, the hostess store sold Twinkies, cookies, Mambo Pies (their version of Moon Pie), Snowballs, and cupcakes for a dime. Fruit pies were fifteen cents. Bread was five for a dollar, I think. These were Saturday prices. We never went on Wednesday when the price was lower for bread since mom and dad both worked full time.

Sorry, what’s “LB”? Not “Little Debbie” I assume?

There are snack food wonders out there I never dreamed of while living outside the US for so many years…

Since Hostess’s disastrous return—they just don’t taste the same—I now prefer Tastykake, particularly the chocolate bells.

I do believe you’re right. Oh, for the return of their slab o’fruitcake. Time was, that and a pint of milk was my breakfast as I walked to school.

I practically lived on the goodies from the Hostess thrift store during my teen years! We had a chest freezer and periodically my mother would drive to the Hostess thrift store and load up the car with our preferred treats, then stock the freezer. Remarkably, I was allowed to dip into the freezer whenever I wanted and help myself. Frozen Twinkies are delicious! Or at least I thought so when I was 15 years old.

Star crunches were my favorite. I still see them from time to time, maybe they’re seasonal? And no, I miss the thrift store too. I’d go in there and buy boxes of cheap Twinkies and bags of buns for a quarter. Good times.