Oh, Lil'Debbie what HAVE you done?

The whole world loves Lil’Debbie.
Even Dallas, Denver, Davenport and Duluth.
Down here is South Arkansas she’s very popular among the youngsters and brown-bagging types.

Hey, I like Lil’Debbie myself.
DIL buys several boxes every week (and you have a dirty mind, I was talking about snack cakes)

I rarely get to have one. So it’s pleasant rarity to get to eat one.
My favorite ‘oatmeal cremes’ just send me. Love them. Savor them. Eat them very slowly. Drives the grandwrex crazy to try to eat them as slowly as me. I’m trying to teach them to experience the goodness and not just inhale them.

The carbs have recently increased according to the label.
Why would that company do that?
I hate them.

They will get a strongly worded email from me. I promise you.

The butt-heads!

Could it be they made them better, thus the increase? Possibly a tiny bit larger?

If anything they are smaller.
I can’t attest to if they’re any better. Because I CANNOT eat one.

One BOX, on the other hand…

When I was a kid, Little Debbies were the poor man’s Hostess.

An actual Twinkie or Ding Dong was a rare treat, but we often had boxes of Little Debbies around because they were a fraction of the cost (and of the quality). They tasted like they were made of wax—which isn’t to say I didn’t eat my fair share of them.

Somewhere along the line, Hostess got noticeably worse, Little Debbie got noticeably more expensive, and I pretty much gave up on both of them, deciding they were worth neither the money nor the calories.

That is very strange. Do you have an old box, so you can compare exactly what changed? If the total carbs went up, did the sugars go up? (If it was fiber, that might not be so bad, but I tend to doubt that they added fiber.)

Also, my own Little Debbie memory:

When I was in high school, and still had the metabolism of a hummingbird, I used to head off to a Saturday of playing Dungeons & Dragons at a friend’s house, armed with a 12-pack of Pepsi, and a box of Little Debbie Zebra Cakes. My gawd, that was a ton of sugar.

We compared. Can’t tell what changed by ingreds. But the nutritional label list 7% more carbs. And the diabetic score went down 2 points. Alas, I’ll never get to eat more that 1/2 of a cake. And that’s just sad :pensive:

Beck, Beck, Beck. You can have a whole cake.

You just have to eat it over two days. :crazy_face:

I always say I outgrew my sweet tooth in my twenties but chocolate and peanut butter were able to cling for a while. Little Debbie Nutty Bars were a treat for a little longer than other sweets. I don’t think I’ve have any of their products in 20 years but I might be convinced to try if a Nutty Bar showed up on my doorstep.

This reminds me, I haven’t bought any Lil Debbies in years. Probably not going to buy any either.

Mm mm, the oatmeal cookie… and the swiss rolls were to die for right out of the freezer!

I chose them over hostess counterparts because they were always so much cheaper! But they didn’t scratch the Twinkie itch.

Hell yeah!
Ooh, I may have some oatmeal ones in the freezer!

Excuse me, I’m donning my winter gloves. Excavations will commence. (I have 4 freezers)

Keep one of the old, lower carb boxes. Then just put the new cakes in there. Instant win!

Oh, were it so simple.

The Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal approach to carb management. “It assumes that, if you can’t see it, it can’t see you.” :smiley:

“Say, you don’t think there’s any way I can get that quarter from underneath your pointy boot, do ya?”

“All I want is just one more oatmeal pie!”

“Aw, Lil’ Debbie, Li’ Debbie! I’m a-comin’ on home, baby!”

Southern Culture On The Skids: Camel Walk

Back in 2003-2006, I was working a poorly-paying job in Fountain Valley, and on my lunch hour I’d go to Costco for their $1.50 hot dog-and-a-soda special. Right next door to the Costco was a Big Lots store, and I’d sometimes stop in there for a cheap sweet treat. Little Debbie Snack cakes seemed like just the thing (about a buck for a box of eight). Problem was, I just didn’t like the way they tasted. Until I found their Easter basket cakes. Now THOSE were heavenly.

They were also seasonal, apparently, because after two weeks or so, they were just GONE until the following spring.

This week’s impulse buy at the grocery store was a box of Lil’ Debbie Cosmic Brownies. They aren’t top shelf chocolate or brownies, but sometimes ya just get a yen for something cheap and quick, ya know?

You should complain to Little Debbie herself. Debbie McKee-Fowler is an executive vice-president with the company.