oh, my foul language is so awful, but dying brown people are just fine & dandy!

Unless the two events were related, and then it really, really does.

Oh, how do I want to listen in when you end up telling this story to a therapist. :smiley:

Can an apology be refered to as passive agressive?

Correction – he’s spouting a very real and disturbing concern, phrased stupidly.

–Cliffy

I disagree. I don’t see how voicing concern or outrage over one incident means that all other attrocities have slipped the person’s mind or that they aren’t deemed to be as important. And furthermore I think that someone can mourn and be outraged over yesterday’s events without the race of the victims coming into play. YMMV

(sheepishly) It’s true.

She was unfazed. It takes a lot to impress a shrink, lemme tell ya; if I had done it with my grandmother’s corpse then I might’ve scored some points but as it was she stamped my forehead with a big SANE and threw me out because my life was too boring.

bob loblaw:

bob loblaw, you fen-sucked clotpole, if you can read anything beyond your store’s logo on grocery bags and labels on soup cans, investigate the pre-colonial history of slavery in Africa and discover where it’s still the biggest commercial success since sliced bread. Then, before your head yet again disappears up your ass, tell me which store employs you, so I can avoid it.

Given that your post is a grammatical and spelling train wreck, it’s not surprising it’s racist, too. Who’s your mentor, Robert Mugabe?

By the way, you’re an ugly ignoramus and your mother dresses you funny.

boret:

Condemning racism is a pile-on?

(For those without any reason to know, the centre of the universe is a disparaging term for Toronto, used mostly by the rest of Canada.)

A…a Canadian…being a…a…racist asshole?!

Paradigm–shifting–world–collapsing–

<THUD>

That’s nothing to bash yourself about. Listening to American talk radio will clear the mind and help you think logically. I recommend a hearty marathon of Michael Savage; it’ll do you a world of good.

When come back, bring shift key lime pie…

What’s with the sheepish?

Guilt can be good, but it has its limits.

SANE* is good. Get out while you can.

Boring* I would dispute, so far. On principle and with writing samples. :slight_smile:

Frankly, people who find your anecdote troubling are likely more in need of therapy than you are.

*(Keeping in mind that internet dx’s are bullshit and most decidedly against the rules).

I think a Michael Savage marathon would only be useful as a kind of “scared straight” transcendent mental exercise wherein the listener would experience the frightening realization that 1) people like Savage exist and 2) apparently there are enough of them to support his having a nationally syndicated radio show.

On a minor and wholly non-sarcastic tangent, it’s downright refreshing to see a guest posting articulately and rationally and I hope you end up registering. We’ve had some lulus of late.

You’re living proof of the irreparable damage caused by your own suggestion.

:eek: At first, I thought you must be speaking ironically, but then I did a quick check on some of your recent posts and . . . you’re serious, aren’t you? Talk radio, whether liberal or conservative, is mindless and devoted to the spreading of ignorance and animosity.

A sincere thank you for the mention, but believe me, I can be a “lulu” in the right circumstances.

I am considering registering (this is the best messageboard I’ve encountered so far), but have a principled stance against pay-for-post sites (also, I am a cheapskate - no small consideration). I’ll decide in the eleventh hour.

Look out! Another cheapskate fishing for a sponsor.

Oh no! I’m the sort of principled (read:neurotic) cheapskate who feels the psychological need to “earn” whatever I get. I doubt the right circumstances for that will occur here within the proscibed time for guest status. I will either pay or fade away.

I only hope that no one regrets my decision, either way.

Huh? bob is foaming, inarticulate and lower-case already. He doesn’t need any more inspiration.
bob should know that this thread is likely to have disappeared into the void long before the 22d. He’d better get busy and learn about the search function, if he wants to feed his overweening sense of self-importance when he returns.

What the hell you talkin’ about, dickweed??? :dubious:

In general, that’s a fairly accurate statement. Again in general, talk radio allows the lowest common denominators of American society a place to preen and display themselves.

Well, I think the OP is right, although his phrasing and capitalization could use some work. It makes me sick to see Americans mourning the London bombings when at least forty Iraqis die every week from our own actions. And if you have more “grief” over a random white and/or Western person dying than you do over the death of a non-white/non-Western person, then you are a racist. “Similar cultures” my ass, why don’t you say what you really think? Non-Westerners just don’t count as much as us. It’s not that they’re less human, you’d say, just that we’re more so.

Not that this is intended in any way to cut down the London bombings. Yeah, they were sad, they were tragic, and all of that. But excuse me if I notice a little hypocrisy in hawks (including the ones on this very board) mourning the deaths of Westerners while simultaneously supporting the slaughter (or ignoring the suffering) of everyone else.