oh, my foul language is so awful, but dying brown people are just fine & dandy!

Holy shit, maybe we should get a new flag…Say Bob, you don’t think we’re bringing back slavery in the guise of regime change do you?
I for one welcome our ever-white-ful overlords

Sarcasm aside, what exactly are you pitting here? Britain? White people (incidentally not synonymous with Britain you know, multicultural etc)? Err senseless murder of innocents?..

“cock biting ass nugget” is going to be my general insult-of-the-day today.

Many thanks Greathouse!!!

My new hero. :smiley:

I just wanted to pop in and agree with everyone else. Bob, you are a poor excuse for a human being. You’d barely make the grade for chordate. Please consider changing your name to Bob_Amphioxus.

You are a hateful, sad little person. That is your crime. That is also your punishment. Please consider seeking professional help.

bob_loblaw, you fucking idiot.

First, review the post that started all this.

Actually, I believe you have a good point, buried in there. But the problems with this post are:

1. Your complete inability to use capital letters. We use capital letters in this language in accordance with certain rules of grammar in order to make sentences more readable. Your inability to follow this rule makes it painful (for me anyway) to read your posts.
  2. You are clearly insulting previous posters in this MPSIMS thread. If you cannot follow our forum rules, you should consider voluntarily leaving these boards.
  3. The very strange argument about how, statistically, about 400 people die every day in London anyway (from, I gather, natural causes), so why worry that a few more died this day? I have no idea where you’re going with that one.
  4. Because you haven’t seen threads mourning dead Afghans or Sudanese, everyone who is mourning the London dead are “fucking hypocrites”. Or is it just the flag thing that has your worked up? It’s hard to tell.

Deep, deep in there is the germ of a possible good GD thread. I might phrase it as thus:

You see where I’m going with this, bob? It’s not what you’re saying. It’s how and where you say it.

lineup to abuse me starts to your right -->

i will now take this space to voluntarilly apologize for any blanket condemnations of this board community, real or perceived, that i have made.

i blame only myself for posting here while simultaneously listening to american talk radio.

honestly, i think only about 1/3 of you are bigotted blowhards, at least another third are enlightened humanists; or at least share the principles thereof. the middle third – i’m worried for, you all seem like mindless followers, but what do i know…

anyway, i think i will take a week or two away from these boards, and maybe we can go from then on.

if you have anything else to say you’d really like me to see, remember to bump it round about the 22nd or so, cause i’ll not be checking in again until at least then.

Always a mistake.

(wiping away a sentimental tear) Why, that was the most touching apology I’ve ever seen on this board.

Pussy.

You come here and make an ass of yourself by spouting off stupid bullshit and then when you get called on it you make a half assed apology and run away for a couple of weeks.

Darkies?

Who is the bigoted one here?

Ponder called a poster a “fucking idiot”? Ponder?!?!

Excuse me, I’ll just be pouring my concrete bunker today so I have some place to hide, as the End Times are obviously upon us.

bob_loblaw, you’re a :wally.

Well, at least that much we can all agree on.

Anyone else notice bob_loblaw’s location in his profile? “centre of the universe”

That’s damned appropriate, indeed.

Hey bob, don’t hold your breath. Don’t bother bringing any pie either…

I disagree. He’s obviously wound up tighter than a toy race car. A break is called for. Here I him, I’d have these threads closed, and start a new one when I was able to post more coherently and less emotionally. Just my opinion.

Damn TYM, there you go being all rational and shit…

Fine…I don’t need your WHITE Internet!

:eek:

Oh wait…you said NUGGET…I thought you typed something else…never mind.

I agree that the OP’s rant is stupid and hysterical. Surprisingly, though, a recent GD OP does seem to be seriously making the case that dying non-Westerners “don’t count” as much as dying Britons do, at least not to him personally:

Why is that “surprising”? Human beings are tribal creatures.

I would cut the OP some slack. He is “wrong”, only in that he let his emotions get the better of him. Surely we can make allowances for that under the circumstances?

Everyone grieves in his or her own way. Some make symbolic gestures (like flying the flag in the original thread). Some decide to volunteer. Some eat too much, or drink too much, or seek to get laid (or, at the very least, hugged).

The OP obviously reacted to grief with anger. And that anger isn’t total “bullshit”, because we know full well that every tragedy that occurs doesn’t receive the same response in the western world. We of the western tribes don’t mourn deaths equally. Will anyone seriously argue against that reality?

So, should we condemn the OP’s angry-but-true grief response, and at the same time indulge our own anger impulses with a nasty pile-on? Don’t make me use the “H” word in my first post please. You dopers have seemed to be better than that, from what I’ve read so far.

The fact that I lost my virginity the night my grandmother died has NOTHING to do with the fact that I associate death and sex, thank you very much. And it doesn’t make me a perv, either.

While you’re gone, see if you can pick up a Shift key.

I neglected to mention that some people respond to grief with attempts at humour. :wink:

Seriously, nothing perverted about your anecdote at all. IMO, a very healthy response (true or not).