Oh, my God, I'm twenty today

I’m not a teen anymore! Where did those years go?

(Is it wrong for a very tiny part of me to be a little scared about this whole really-becoming-an-adult-for-real thing? I mean, I’m 99% excited and determined and full of optimism, but there’s this little 1% that’s just hyperventilating and going ‘omgwtf why is time going by so fast?’)
Via my contract, you all get a free kiss with the one you truly love today–a birthday gift. Enjoy it well. :wink:

You think that’s bad, I’m 31 as of today. I was doing my best to ignore it but the people in my office won’t let me. Ah well, at least tonight is the BF’s pool league night so I don’t have to worry about him trying to do something.

Enjoy 20 while you can. :slight_smile:

Happy birthday! Cancers are the coolest.

I’m 39 myself today and I’m still hyperventilating over the fact that I might have to grow up and become an adult sooner or later.

Can I settle for a kiss with the cute guy I met at the bar on Friday? And can I put it off until this Friday? :smiley:

Welcome to my world, circa 2005, when I turned 20.

Wait, that means you’re younger than me…

Wishing you a good day, a good year and a great life! :slight_smile:

Happy Birthday!

I’m 31. Get off my lawn, or I’ll beat you with my cane! :wink:

Seriously, I enjoyed my 20s much more than my teens. I wasn’t living with my parents (we don’t get along well when we live together). And college, and even the real world with a hellish commute, beats the pants off of high school- it’s so much better, there’s just no comparison. After I got out of college, and especially after I got out of grad school, I had an actual income, so if I wanted a new computer game, I could just go buy it instead of having to save up my allowance or the paltry amount of pay I got while I was in school and working as a teaching or research assistant. There are definitely upsides to not being a teenager any more, and I wouldn’t go back even if I could.

Me too. But I believe in reincarnation, so maybe I will leave that for another life :smiley:

Oh, for … ! I turned 55 on my last birthday, just about a week ago today. Why is the time going by so fast? Because you young people just party, party, party, that’s why – wasting your life on greasy food, too much liquor and fuckin’ like rabbits everytime somebody smiles at ya’! Fast cars, fast friends, stayin’ out all night, worryin’ your folks just sick – when was the last time you called your mother? Wait’ll you get to be my age, missy, then you’ll wonder where it all went – draggin’ yer ass around like it’s Santa’s bag on Christmas Eve, just wishin’ the goddamn neighbor kids would stay the hell off your lawn for just one goddamn day! Damn kids of mine livin’ out there in freakin’ California, never get to see the grandkids, not that the little shits have any manners anyway.

So happy freakin’ birthday, girlie – and call your mother.

Now, where are my Velcro sneakers?

I’m 51, so apparently Kytheria + Antinor = twicks.

Make of that what you will.

Oh, and happy birthday – to you and dmatsch as well.

:smack:

Oh yeah:

Happy Birthday! :slight_smile:

Except you also have to add the girths of their heads as well, twicks. :smiley:

Happy fucking birthday, Kytheria. You have a ticket to redeem for one free sensual massage. So start walking over here (and over the river) and redeem your coupon, woman!

(says the 25 year old…yep! life’s alllllll downhill from here, baby)

Since swampus hasn’t dropped in yet, an MMP style birthday wish:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR KYTHEREIAAAAAA

That said, turning 20 scared the shit out of me too. First birthday to do that, really. It was an eye opener for me; I realized just how quickly I’d have to get off my rear end and start my career going the way I want it to. It’s been just over two years since then (my birthday was June 29), and I think I’ve done well, but the party’s only just begun.

That little 1% is right: time is going fast. It’s like Ferris Beuller said: “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

Happy trails, and best of luck. :slight_smile:

Either the feeling is pretty much normal or I’m weird because I had the exact same feeling (though it was closer to 5%.) Before long you’ll settle into your new twentyness the same way you settled into your teenagedness. (If you’ll pardon a little bit of inventive vocabulary on my part.)

:slight_smile: :smiley: :cool: Congratulations on your bidecennial, Kythereia! :cool: :smiley: :slight_smile:
And thanks for giving me an excuse to use a big word.

Happy Birthday!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

42 here. And let me tell you, Douglas Adams was wrong. 42 is not the answer to anything!

Does that include air fare? :wink:

Excellent! At least I get one day a year when I don’t have to pay for them! :stuck_out_tongue:

Happy birthday. :slight_smile:

Congrats! I’m not having a Birthday this year. I’ve already decided.

I already tried that, no one will let me follow through. Hope it works for you.

Happy birthday! I turned 20 in May and am still kind of freaking out about it. :slight_smile:

Happy birthday! Not to worry about the whole really-becoming-an-adult-for-real thing, though. Many of the most interesting people I know have said something to the effect that they still feel like they’re a kid just masquerading as an adult, even at 30, 40 or 50.