Oi, America! Get off your arses and go vote!

I am, of course, secretly flattered. :slight_smile:

True, it’s not a vote for Trump; it’s a vote against Clinton. Who, for example, could have won Michigan if one tenth of Independent voters had gone for her instead.

cite

What if you were planning to vote for Trump, but were just too lazy to get to the polls? :slight_smile:

Then I’ll plump your pillow for you.

It’s a social ritual I participate in. Just like setting off fireworks on the Fourth of July. Or carving pumpkins for Halloween. It doesn’t require me to believe in anything supernatural. And although it’s unlikely, there is an above zero chance that my vote could be the deciding factor in a race. The polling place is less than half a mile from my house. If I can spend hours bitching about Trump on the internet, I can spend a few minutes to vote against him.

Non-voters and third party voters deserve to be shamed.

U.S. elections stopped being the sole concern of Americans a long time ago. And the U.S. government started making everyone else’s elections our business a long time ago too.

Of course “furriners” shouldn’t “shaddup” about something that has a significant effect on their lives and the world they live in.

Getting back to the OP — Americans DID vote in greater numbers than usual for a midterm. That’s good news, even if I’m not thrilled about all the results.

One of my neighbors said that she did not vote and she never votes. I asked why. She said she doesn’t understand all that stuff, and is not a political person.

That said, do you think it’s better that she doesn’t vote?

Just mentioned to the aforementioned neighbor that Sessions is out.

Her reply: “That means nothing to me.”
(translation: “I have no idea who that is.”)

Agreed.

Does your neighbor live in Westworld by any chance?

She has no idea what that is.

Doesn’t look like anything to her.

Americans, having gotten off their arses and voted, are demanding that their votes be counted, especially in Georgia and Florida.