Okay, this political correctness shit has got to stop.

I think the correct response is: Your proof that the English hump sheep.
Oh feck, I just managed to insult two races in the one sentence.

[sub]::ducks and runs for the hills hairy arse blowing in the wind::[/sub]

hairy arse blowin in the wind?

I’m having a hard time getting my mind around that…

Oh sorry, I should have said Ginger hairy arse blowing in the wind :smiley:

fuckin bent redheads…

:smiley:

You mean we’re not? Gad, I’ll have to find another excuse.

PS-Don’t worry, I get it.

Some people just looooooove getting up on their high horse and being offended. I presume they enjoy the melodrama, plus in their minds it makes them more noble and sensitive than the rest of the unwashed masses. And yep I see it all over the boards and there is no faster way to exasperate me.

Here is something that is going to knock my popularity level to new lows, but I started to feel like it was happening a lot after we lost Wally. You know, some newbie would post something like “Who is this Wally guy?” which is an innocent enough question, albeit a little flippant, but understandable if the newbie didn’t know he had passed away under sudden circumstances. But man, some people would jump ALL OVER HIS SHIT like he’d just pissed on their mother’s gravestone. Don’t get me wrong–I know how much people were upset by Wally’s loss, and he’s still missed. But some people [who had probably never posted on the same thread with him] took sanctimoniousness to previously unheard-of levels.

Still and all, Esprix is probably right on the best way to handle it. You apologize as sincerely as possible–even if you have to act. Heh.

Then you back away, and keep your distance.

Nahhhhhhh…Welsh Rabbit is a lovely dish. Aged Cheddar melted down in a luxurious bath of steaming ale seasoned with mustard and cayenne, poured over fresh toast.

The joke is that the average Welshman is unable to defeat a bunny rabbit in a duel of wits, so instead of enjoying a meat dinner, he is forced to subsist on toasted cheese.

“Rarebit,” I believe, was coined in order to avoid confusion.

A good steaming Welsh Rabbit is, in any case, a very pleasant hot supper on a wintry night…although it is rumored to cause both indigestion and scary nightmares. See Winsor McKay; DREAMS OF THE RAREBIT FIEND.

Wasn’t that a Dylan song?

How many hairy arses must a man look down
Before you can call him a man?
The answer my friend,
Is blowin’ in the wind
The answer is blowin’ in the wind.

Truely a poet for our times.

Fenris

Melted cheese mixed with beer? Add in mustard and cayenne, then you eat it on bread?

Surprise, surprise, this stuff causes indigestion. What a shock. Do they give you a small bottle of Pepto when you order it, much like they give you handy wipes when you order ribs?

Shit, what do you expect if not indigestion and farts that could stop a charging rhino dead in it’s tracks?

Pit threads scare the crap outta me 'cause I am SO non-confrontational. Naturally when I heard my name was mentioned in here I broke out in a cold sweat and had an anxiety attack…

and then look what was said!!! I love you guys.

Can I say that in here? Am I gonna get shit now? :slight_smile:

pkbites, the guys gotta relax a little and stop being so anal retentive. Tell him your boycotting Lucky Charms and eating Trix from now on :wink:

But they’re magically delicious! How can you NOT love Lucky Charms!!!

Anyhoo, something that annoys the shit out of me-the Boston Celtics. It’s not pronounced Seltic, you fuckers, it’s Keltic! Bastards!!!

Such is the cuisine upon which the British built their mighty Empire!

“Double ration of Scotch eggs for the men this evening, Sergeant…we understand the wogs are planning an attack on the garrison tonight, and we’ll need all the wind we can raise to stop them in their tracks!”

Scotch Egg: British delicacy consisting of a hard-boiled egg rolled in saugage meat, then deep-fried.

(Urk. It hurt just to TYPE that, but I thought I’d better define the term.)

There’s precedent for this, though. In Britain and Ireland, the many soccer teams with “Celtic” in their name pronounce it “Seltic”.

They pronounce “soccer” as “footie”, too. Weird bunch. :wink:

That’s ** IT!!!** . I’m changing my User Name to Trixie !!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Cartooniverse

/cowardly lion voice/ Put 'em up! Put 'em up! /c.l.v/

Dude, somebody is seriously wacked if they took that as an insult. My maiden name is Kennedy and even I don’t see how that’s an insult.

BTW, I love Lucky Charms. They and Sugar Corn Pops are my favorites.

{gallant chivalry mode ON, brandishing fist}

Okay, the first joker who says “There’s one Bunny I wouldn’t mind eating” tastes these five in the fangs.

Potential gastronomical disasters aside, it was this decision that persuaded me to finally buy some Welsh Rarebit sauce (frozen, by Stouffer’s). Haven’t tried it yet, but looks lovely. :smiley: I’ll let you know if I survive…

Esprix

There’s one Bunny I wouldn’t mind eating… :wink: