OkCupid: A Journey

Nit-Picking should be hyphenated.

I love you.

But it’s nitpicking.

And grammar was also spelled wrong, as well as Natzi. For some reason, I think Oni was just going along with the humorous intent of Attack’s post.

If that’s the case, I’m full of fail.

Edit: Rereading it, yes, it’s obvious that was the intent. I’m full of fail. Carry on.

All those brilliant ideas, and the ‘nitpicking’ one gets the nitpicking. God, how I love the Dope.

Y’know, if I can ever get my lovely and talented spouse to join the SDMB as an independent poster (as opposed to the many stories I tell of her under the moniker Ms. Attack), I’m going to suggest Grammer Natzi as a Username. It’s just so very grating.

:smiley:

:smack:

Hey, this is a thread about my sexual conquests, guys.

Honestly.

It’s Grammar KNOTzi.

Don’t whine and then decline. Bad form. Frak further study. Unless studying chemistry of human life forms.

It’s no secret that I met my SO on OKCupid. We just celebrated 2 years. I actively contacted people I was interested in - wallflowers get nowhere on there, in my opinion.

Had a mixture of experiences. One guy and I progressed from banter to phone calls where he admitted that he didn’t normally date “girls of my size” but he was willing to meet me - wherein i laughed in his ear and pointed out I hadn’t asked him for a date and wasn’t interested in someone ‘settling for me’ - that I was fabulous. Which led to a series of follow-up phone calls from him where I cheerfully told him about the latest date I had been on - and he asked me to reconsider. Done now, moved on. He eventually believed me.

Or the guy who randomly IMed/web-cammed his crotch unannounced and then unknowingly contacted me after reading my profile. Was surprised that I wasn’t willing to overlook our original encounter.

Before meeting my SO - I dated a guy for about a month who ended up being a serial dater - would date someone intensely for a month, dump them, and move on. Was surprised when I dumped him first. He then immediately moved on to my SO’s friend who was also on OKCupid. She and I had fun comparing experiences.

I know people have had different reactions to OKCupid. My general consensus is that it found me love. And before it found me love, it found me great stories to tell at parties. And it was free. So, y’know, thumbs up.

If you’re referring to me declining Top Hat Girl, I declined for what I believe to be a good reason.

April 8th, 2010 - 12:37 PM
I finish the test on OkCupid and it’s now live. I can’t wait to see the outpouring of desperate women and their results. I’m asked to type in a small “About The Author” paragraph, and so I do.

I took your test. We aren’t compatible, what with me being a straight married male. Your test also gave an error message and no outcome, so you may want to give it another look.

I fell through the cracks. Is that good or bad? I’m guessing it’s bad. It’s for the best, anyway, since I’m old, happily married, and far, far away. (Maybe that was what put me out of the running?) But I am curious to know the optimal answer pattern.

Ghosts in the machine!

Gets to tinkering.

Just so I know what to look for, what were your percentages?

I took the test a few times before releasing it in its current state and gave more or less random answers and they all turned up with fine results for me. Headdesk.

I think I am seeing some of the problems… for example, I just took the test myself, answering completely honestly and it listed me as a “Friend.” But I have 2 disqualifiers (one being a male, one being my refusal to give oral sex to Nick), so it should have given me a “You fucked up!” result. Tinker tinker tinker.

Der, I don’t remember - maybe something like 5, 0, -8, and -4?

Clearly, you are new to software testing.

OK, I fixed some problems and put it back up. Hopefully it’ll work this time!

Shall I tell you gentlemen why women so rarely reply?

Allow me to share a few experiences…

OkCupid website, this is after the guy has sent a few dumb messages:

HIM: I got your profile in my quiver so i figure i would drop you an email and say hello. Im a 31 year old never married no kids guy who has lived in florida for the past 9 years I work hard and i like to play a little bit anyways check out my profile and get back to me…i hope to hear from you soon
K

(His profile says he’s looking for his next wife)

(mine says I’m clearly NOT looking for a husband)
ME: Well, K,

I can’t even commit to a phone plan right now, so I don’t know if I’m someone you really want to meet.

Indeed, well i appreciate your honesty…have a good one

Thankfully I haven’t met any rude women. :slight_smile:

My reply: