Oksolin or Oxolin for anti-virus uses?

Has anyone heard anything about a drug called Oksolin or Oxolin? It is a Russian drug, so those 2 spellings are only approximate transliterations of the Russian spelling.

This drug supposedly has anti-virus properties for colds and flu.

So I guess I’m asking about the uses, efficacy, safety, etc. of Oksolin. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
J.

Oxolin. 1,2,3,4-tetrahydrotetraoxonaphthalene

1,243,401. Antiviral compositions; VSESOJUZNY NAUCHNO-ISSLEDOVATELSKY INSTITUT KHIMIKO-FARMATSEVTICHESKY INSTITUT IM S. ORDZHONIKIDZE. 19 May, 1968, No. 13314/68. Heading A5B. Pharmaceutical compositions for topical application in the treatment of viral infections comprise a carrier and the compound 1,2,3,4- tetrahydrotetraoxonaphthalene dihydrate. They may be in such forms as an ointment or sterile aqueous solution (for eye-drops).

There’s two other pharmaceuticals with a similar (or same) name, so perhaps not called oxilin in the English medical community

Its like Plumbagin.
Plumbagin or 5-hydroxy-2-methyl-1,4-naphthoquinone is an organic compound with the chemical formula C11H8O

It is regarded as a toxin[1] and it is genotoxic[2] and mutagenic.[3]

And yet, it IS an antiviral and a chemotherapty as well. Consider it a chemotherapy.
If you are dying, then its worth a shot Thats for Plumbagin…

I didn’t find the OP’s drug, but I found vitamin K is similar, and its natural and injected into babies.
In fact there are many based on naphthalene… But I figure if plumbagin was tested as a pharmaceutical, its better than the older one.

Any info on its efficacy? The form I’ve seen it in is an ointment applied to your nostrils.

Thanks,
J.