Olbermann calls for Bush & Cheney to resign

You’re right. The most preferable thing would be a ficus tree in the Oval Office instead of Bush/Cheney. At least the ficus can’t do any more damage than has already been done…

Because even most of Bush’s supporters (not you apparently…) seem to finally realize what a bad administration this is. What are his approval ratings now? 18%? Congratulations, Carol! You’re officially a minority.

A ficus couldn’t fuckus like the Bush/Cheney do?

And how’s the approval rating for Congress, the same or lower. And that’s with Ms. Pelosi/Mr. Reid running the show.

You are completely missing my point! Is it on purpose or are you just daft?

ANYONE, anything, any cartoon, any cardboard image, any ficus plant, would be better for the country than George fucking Bush. How can you possibly disagree with this?

Do you think his golden parachute to Scooter was a noble thing?

Do you think lying to congress and the American people, to get us to invade Iraq, and finish his Daddy’s work was a noble thing?

Do you think outing an active CIA agent (something George HWB would NEVER consider doing… :wink: )because her husband wrote something against you is a noble thing?

Do you think ignoring the laws of the United States is a noble thing?

Do you think ignoring the Geneva Convention is a noble thing?

Get your head out of your ass.

Actually Reid isn’t “running the show.” He has power to determine the daily business of the senate but doesn’t have sufficient majority to do anything and on Iraq he is in the minority. The president can simply hang on and threaten veto and a veto will be upheld.

Yes, congress has a low approval rating and at least some of it is deserved. But in the face of a pig headed president and with only a tiny majority at best there is not much Reid, Pelosi and the Democrats in congress can do.

And some people are incapable of learning. Witness the 18% who think the Chimp-in-Chief should pardon Scooter “I’ll tell no lie before it’s time” Libby.

I’m writing in Olbermann next November.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut Clinton got a blowjob! Don’t you know how wrong that was?

:stuck_out_tongue: I tend to think of that as a positive. I saw a comic on tv once, oddly enough I think it was Drew Carey… He was talking about Gary Hart and all that. How he tried to sidestep, and deny, and put off and deflect that whole mess. Carey said he shoulda just come out and admitted it. “Yeah, I fucked her! Vote for me.” :smiley:

At this point, I’m starting to think Nigeria has the right idea.

I already have a couple of machetes…

Were you my teacher, I would write a formal complaint to the principal. I sincerely hope that this comment is not an accurate portrayal of how you conduct your class. Take that as honest criticism, not a snark.

Otherwise, I have to ask the OP: Was a fourthpit thread about the Scooter Libby commutation * reallynecessary?* Think about it.

This is more about Olberman’s commentary, the greater implications of this admin’s decision, not Scooter Libby. Libby is just a pawn in this. Olberman’s point was this is a total disregard for the laws and principles of this nation.

And I think this makes a wonderful Civics lesson. As did the firing of Archibald Cox. YMMV.

I would encourage you, as one of my students, to do just that. Be sure to articulate exactly how I violated your rights as a student, or in any way interfered with your education in American Government. I will be very interested to see how you word and defend this complaint.

What is wrong with you people? This is the president we’re talking about here! Of America! He is absolutely perfect in every way and you all are insane to criticize him like this. I mean, he only has sex with his wife, if that.
I, for one, am proud of this great man for restoring dignity to the office of the president just like he promised.

Treasonous even…

Jeeze! What kind of teacher are you? You’re supposed to respond, “Go ahead! I’ve got tenure! Bwahahahahaha!” :wink:

I have written out an answer to this challenge, but I first would appreciate a full answer to two simple questions:

What does Olbermann’s rant have to do with American government (the course)?
and
What would you hope to accomplish by showing your students this speech?

Did you listen to it? Did you understand it?

An excellent way of studying government is studying it in the extreme cases. Did you hear Oblermann quote Madison on the need for impeachment for a president who pardons an accomplice? Did you hear him contrast Bush to Nixon, who did the right thing during a constitutional crisis? The whole point of the original John Wayne quote was to study the problem of a president who is both a political party leader and the president of all the people. That’s not important to the study of government?

Now, I can see a kid complaining “Mommy, the mean teacher made me think.”

As someone who voted for Bush twice, and would again if forced to vote, with the same opponents, etc., I found that clip wonderful.

Honor and truth should trump all, but they don’t with this administration, nor, I fear, will they with any of the 20 or so people looking to be next in line.