(Old) A Head For The Hills MMP

We stopped at WaWa so FCD could get a soda and I could use the facilities. I passed the ice cream display and saw Ben & Jerry PINTS for $7.59 each!!! I like B&J, but holy crap on a cracker!!! Even the run-of-the-mill ice cream sammiches were something like $2.79. The world has gone mad! One truly pays for the convenience in that convenience store.

This is such a pet peeve of mine. My MIL’s punkin pie recipe calls for a 1# can of punkin. Good luck! I think they’re down to 14.5oz these days. Fortunately, the recipe still works, but if the can shrinks much more, it may not. Dammit.

Sometimes I wish we could take turns cooking, but spousal unit doesn’t like to cook, and apart from omelets, he’s not a good cook. Plus he’s messy. For us, it works out better if I cook and he rinses the dishes after. And if I don’t feel up to it, there’s always dining out! :wink:

Physical exhaustion led to pretty good sleepage, despite the neighbor’s noisy bonfire party. I had to close the window to muffle the kids’ yelling, but they did quiet down by 10-ish. I didn’t hear my sweetie come to bed - I was out!

Not sure yet what today holds. A lot depends on how FCD is feeling - he was really hurting yesterday. I know he has some welding to do in his shop, so it may be an at-home day. I repaired the torn love seat cover last night, and we might just haul it over to his mom’s place. Or not. Weather radar shows the rain about to hit and linger for the next 3 or 4 hours or so. Not good for moving upholstered furniture. We’ll figure out something.

Happy Last Sunday of May!!