Old-fashioned things you'd like to see revived

I have no issue with that at all.

Sounds good, but doesnt work. My Mom and I used to ride the last vestiges of the famous red car. It moved so slowly thru traffic that when it hit a corner, you could just jump on. Few people bothered to pay. In San Jose they have the Light Rail, which kinda works, except that to save $ it runs at street level thru downtown, i.e very slowly, with many stops and not a few accidents. (And since the airport depends heavily on parking revenue, of course they made sure the Light Rail didn’t actually go to the airport, the one place it would have been very useful).

Boarding houses.

Unclear antecedent (“that”). No issue with which? My suggestion that long-haired people tie their hair back? Or no issue with professional women dragging their hair over you while performing their tasks?

I’ve found am/fm plain old radios in thrift stores, some with cords, some with battery backups, too. In spite of shelves full of electronics and speakers that every serviceman who mustered out of the military in the late 70’s felt compelled to buy, the most often-played machine in our house was a non-descript cheapie cube bought for $1.59 at the sally ann shop.

So, why does this prevent you from leaving the house? So it’ll cycle on for a few seconds every so often. And?

Because I have no interest in leaving a machine uselessly burning fossil fuel in my house. For the same reason, I turn out the lights whenever I leave the room, and I turn off my car if it looks like I’ll be stuck at a traffic light for more than about 30 seconds. I hate waste and I hate fossil fuel waste far far more.

Plus it is simply a stupid design for a dryer not to turn completely off until you manually turn it off, once it is done. Bad design is ubiquitous now.

never mind

This. No issue.

Whoa! Seriously??

Going a step further:

• Dressing up to fly

When I was a kid (early 70’s) flying was an event. While you did not need to dress in a suit you dressed well (like for church).

These days…not so much. I once had a BIG, hirsute guy sit next to me in a wife-beater shirt, too short shorts and flip-flop shoes on a plane once. WTF?

Flying was also really expensive in the days when people dressed up and even coach-class passengers received a nice meal on china plates. If you want to more or less reproduce that experience, you can pay for a first-class ticket.

Eh…not so much.

Flights weren’t more expensive back then (within some margin of error). Certainly not the difference of a first class ticket today.

…a domestic flight from Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) in 1963 cost $43 on average. That figure is about $416 in 2022. In 2015, the average domestic flight price out of ORD was US$360. - SOURCE

And, FWIW, $360 in 2015 is equivalent to $445 in 2022.

So, mostly the airlines have been hoovering up the difference.

I rode the Portland Streetcar when I was in town last week. It was quick and pleasant, and I believe the streetcars have signal priority so they’re not stuck waiting at red lights.

Except where it does.

Just hang your laundry on a line to dry. Zero fossil fuels.

Kids playing outside with no supervision (I know it’s already been mentioned, but it needs to be mentioned again!)
Thank you notes - what happened to sending thank you notes for wedding, graduation, shower, etc gifts?
Dressing nicely for funerals - I think it’s disrespectful to show up in a stretched out Deff Leppard t-shirt.
Let Halloween be for kids
Hydrox cookies
Supper clubs
Can we stop shaving, waxing, etc all hair from our bodies? Give me a man with a hairy chest (well, I already have one but you know what I mean!) Look like an adult, not a 10 year old.

The OP said:

I posted in May 2021:

I visited my gynecologist a couple of weeks ago and asked her, “Is it true that most women under the age of, say 35-ish, shave or wax just about all their pubic hair.” She said yes, and she should know. Then I said, “So you have men that age or younger who have never seen a woman with a full growth of pubic hair?” And again, she said yes.

In fact, she said that she heard of a movie that was being made about the Sexy 70s (the decade, not the age group – that’s another thread) and they couldn’t find any young actresses who had 1970s-style pubic hair, so the girls had to wear genital toupees.

… It bothers me that adult women are remaking their genitalia to look like those of 10-year old girls. (I’m not talking about a little tasteful trimming, but removing every hair.)

Apparently in the early days, the manager was the business manager, and the guy who did the actual lineups, coaching, and other on-field stuff was sort of a player-coach type, who wore the uniform because he was a player.

So managers in baseball have basically had the option to go the route of the player-coach tradition and wear the uniform, or go the business manager route and wear a suit. Connie Mack did the latter, and the vast majority of the rest wear the uniform.

The Reason Why Baseball Managers Won’t Put on a Suit and Tie Like Basketball Coaches (melmagazine.com)

I hang my laundry outside to dry from April through September.