(Old) Flyboy’s Birthday🎂in the new MMP~

Happy birthday, flyboy :helicopter::helicopter::helicopter::helicopter::helicopter::helicopter: , whenever it is

flyboy, last week, at some point you wished for something something vaguely related to this. Hope this suits~I put it on my google calendar with a tickler for midnight so you could be first! :musical_note::notes::tada::partying_face::confetti_ball: hippo birdies two ewe :notes::musical_note::confetti_ball::partying_face::tada:

First!!!

(and it’s my first first)

Happy birthday flyboy!

I got up and ready for irk this morning, but when I sat down for breakfast, I pulled something important (I think it’s my right hamstring). I attempted to drive to irk, but knew that the unsteadiness on my feet and pain would be an issue, so I turned around. Now, I’m icing it and have taken a muscle relaxer and a pain pill and doing gentle stretching. Oy! This getting older ain’t for sissies.

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

BBBoo - Happy Doperversary to you!!

It’s gonna be a long-ass day! I might have gotten 4 hours of sleep, maybe. Of all the stoopit things, my lower legs were dry-skin itchy, and slathering on moisturizer didn’t help much. In minutes they’d feel itchy again, and I can’t sleep with itchy shins, dammit! I need to remember to put lotion on them right after I shower - I do that in the winter, but usually once the electric blanket is put away, they don’t dry out. Guess it’s old skin, huh? Anyway, it’ll be one of those days.

As soon as the water pump on the generator is replaced, we’ll go back to our slip. Just hoping they get it done and we move before the t-boomers hit. Then on the way home, I need to get more food for the picnic tomorrow - all I had in the freezer was one pound of hotdogs and a dozen burger patties - it might be enough as long as no one wants seconds. Plus I need the buns, a couple of 'maters to slice up, and a couple of bags of chips. Theoretically, the other attendees are bringing sides.

I’ve also got some laundry to do - maybe 2 loads. But laundry is easy - one machine washes, one dries, then I fold, which is easily done while watching TV.

I forgot to share a major bitch-fest yesterday. We went for breakfast at the cafe in Leonardtown, as we have for years. And all of a sudden, everything is a la carte, but the menus haven’t been updated. I ordered an omelet, which used to come with a side of home fries and toast. Nope, now $13 gets you an omelet. Period.

I know prices have gone up and all that, but seriously? And while their food is OK, it’s not good enough to demand nearly $40 for breakfast for 2 including tip. So we won’t be going back. I’m wondering if this begins the countdown to closure. We’ve got other options - this one won’t be missed all that much.

And so begins another week. Happy Moanday!

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN 'Tis 72 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 90 and mostly cloudy for the day. This shall be a day of high sloth and general overall uselessness. Nowhere we need or want to be, so sounds like a plan to me. Sup shall be grilled boneless poke chops, peas, butterbeans 'n okra, and sweet N.O.T.

red hope your laig is feelin’ better soonest.

Boo happy doperversary!

And now this…

< AHEM > CLEARIN’ THROAT < AHEM >

HAAAPPPYYY BIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY TOOOOOO YOUUUUUU!!!
HAAAPPPYYY BIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY DEEEAAARRR FFFLLLYYYBBBOOOYYY!!!

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Moanday Y’all!

Today’s just a celebratory day. It’s a great way to start the week!

Happy birthday, flyboy! Enjoy your day!

Happy Doperversary, Boo ! So glad you decided to join!

Having a slow morning, just kinda existing. According to WTF, it’s 61F and only supposed to hit 77. It’s telling me, “It’s merely average outside. Sort of like all of the Michael Bay movies.” I can handle some average right about now.

I suspect I’m going to be spending a lot of time on the computer today. I’ve got to get my game stuff finished up (2 days until the Con. eep) and I have my virtual graphic novel book club. Thankfully, I will be getting out of the house this morning to help little ones with crafts and dancing and stories at the library, and then off to pick up Hubby’s meds from the pharmacy.

I should find time for walking in here, especially since it’s not supposed to be scorching. I may go in a little bit, so I have time to get clean before storytime.

And in saying that, I’ll head off. Have a great morning/afternoon/night! I’ll see ya later. You’ve been warned! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Morning all. Guess my body knows it’s at home, back to the 6am waking up time. Did get rain last night and a 40% chance of more tomorrow, but today should be N.O.S. and a high just about 80F, so not bad for June in N. Ali-bama, Have the usual Moanday routine, sammich at Jimmy John’s and shopping at either Publix or Wal-Mart, then afternoon swimming and sauna. Nappage just might occur, to.

Happy Birthday Flyboy!!! And Happy Doper Anniversary to you, BBBoo.

FCM, that’s a bit surprising, usually they advertise and the menu is updated; did they tell you when you ordered that home fries weren’t included? I bet that you are right, if other options exist this is not smart business by the owner.

{{red}}, ouch, hope it gets better or you can see a doc about it. And yeah, getting old isn’t all that great…youth is wasted on the young…

OK, need to do the morning internettin’ and get about the day. All y’all have a godd week now.

First load in the washer. I also modified Tobias’ swim vest - there was too much floatation in the back and it flipped him face down - WHO thought that was a good design?? We’ll see if the modification works. FCD is on his way to the boatyard and he’ll call when I need to meet him there. Gotta empty the dishwasher and sweep the basement stairs. How June Cleaver is that???

:rofl:

And just heard from Daughter - maybe 5 folks tomorrow, so I don’t need to buy more burgers. Just buns and fixins.

Good morning, everyone, and happy birthday to Flyboy.

Today we telephonically meet with the health insurance broker to enroll in Medigap and Medicare Part D. Coverage will begin on July 1. We are technically without Part B health insurance this month due to my not knowing that we should have started applying for Part B a month or more before actually needing it. You have to get supporting paperwork from an employer in order (proof that you had been covered by the employer’s health insurance after age 65), and there’s a delay on the government’s part getting the coverage started that’s baked in. In other words, you can’t apply and have coverage start in a week or two - they take awhile to get it sorted out, and also it must start on the first of the month. All that pushed the commencement of Part B coverage to July 1 for us.

So we must take care not to get sick or hurt ourselves for the next two or three weeks, or we’ll be hosed.

Happy Moonday!

Happy Birthday FlyBoy

It’s a nice morning to me, 71 degrees and light rain. I sat on the back porch for a while to let the puppies play outside. The more time they play outside, the less likely they are to get in trouble playing inside.

Once inside they get a treat for going potty outside.
It didn’t take Rayleigh long to figure that out. I keep the jars of treats near my chair in the living room and he always runs in and taps a jar with his nose.

No park this morning, my son was sleeping and didn’t want to get up. I let him sleep.
I have stuff I want/need to do. I wanted to stay upstairs a while longer to get it done, but I had to come downstairs to take care of the puppies. Once I’m downstairs I don’t want to go back up until bedtime, so the rest will have to wait.
I have plenty to do down here, including a list of 13 phone calls/emails/online items to do. Some will take 5 minutes; others won’t be so easy.

JtC, the puppies have decided bed time is play time. Why? Only they know for sure.
Misiu was horrible last night, would not settle down, on and off the bed, aggravating both Echo and Rayleigh. I had a time getting him up this morning though. I was worried about him; he wouldn’t wake up.
If they were older and fully housebroken, I wouldn’t care so much.

Happy B-Day Flyboy and happy anniversay Booo.

I’m a day ahead of y’all. Well, 13 hours ahead of anyone in the East Coast until daylight savings either kicks in or stops and since we don’t have it, then I have to recalculate it. Then it goes to 12 hours ahead, if I remember correctly.

I teach part time at my school and teach private tutoring lessons here and there, including Saturday afternoons.

My wife is still gone. One of the problems with splitting up things for managing the household is when one of the managers isn’t there. Then we’re running around trying to figure out what to do.

Mornin’ all.

Happy birthday to Flyboy. Keep up the good work, only about another 50 or 75 to go. :slight_smile: Nice work on the walking. Figuring out how to do it without it being a chore is the key. For me at least it’s my “me time” without the distractions of either the internet or Her Ladyship.

Happy 3rd Doperversary to Boo. You seem much more like a fixture here than a mere 3 years should give. I guess that’s the difference between quality and quantity. And cute trick of you to stay up late to be sure to be first & get the right title for the new MMP.

It seems we all mostly got through Sunday night unscathed. No cats barfed, no dogs escaped, and the usual aches and pains were in the usual places.

Except for poor FCM’s itchy shins. Hope you can fit a nap in to make up for the lack of sleep.

Yet another form of “shrinkflation”. Basic café breakfast for two here is $40 to $50, plus tip. Snazzy breakfast can top $80. Not including cocktails we generally don’t get.

As to me …
Nothing is going to plan. Nothing. Merely vexing, just SNAFU-ed.

In last night’s post I mentioned we’d be delayed this morning a bit so the FO could sleep enough to work today. He did in fact arrive to the hotel about as planned and was grateful I’d pre-made the delay arrangements. We just txted as he was bushed and headed straight to bed. A bit later I finished an opulent dinner at the hotel & did the same. Ahh, blessed sleep in a strange bed with weird pillows and a noisy HVAC. But at least, unlike at home, I can have the temp where I want it.

Almost midnight my phone rings with HQ’s noise. HQ is calling while I’m sleeping!? That is both a) rare and b) never a good sign. Something is now severely screwed up. They tell me our morning flight is cancelled. Instead we’ll wait until evening then operate one flight to a different city and stay there. Then ride home on the third day. OK.

I txt FO to sleep in, turn off my morning alarms, then it’s back to sleep. Being able to wake up, be immediately alert, then 10 minutes later go right back to sleep is a handy skill / aptitude in this job.

After plenty of sleep I get up, figure out what went wrong, and head down fer a lazy caffinatin’ n’ feedin’, interspersed with the important stuff: yakkin’ witch y’all.

So now here at ~9am I’m fed, lingering over too much coffee, and facing a day of hanging out in an nice hotel next to an airport with nothing nearby to do. It’s a cool damp day (60/16 going up to 70/21), but at least it’s not supposed to rain any more.

All the weather bad news is where we are going. Which is also where our jet and FA’s will be coming from. I smell a trap. We could easily get out to the airport after dinner then be 2 or 4 hours late leaving due to them being late arriving, and/or weather problems there later that delay our departure despite their timely arrival. We’re supposed to get there and finish ~10pm local, 11pm my time. That could slide to very, very late. Gotta be ready to still be awake and alert at 3am. So much for my last week of getting up early and the original plan for this to be all early morning work. That circadian whipsaw is a feature of work I will not miss.

Of course if we are late tonight, then after required sleep I’ll miss my ride home on Tue and that too will have to be re-re-re-scheduled, not just re-re-scheduled. Sigh.

Assuming this all goes to the current plan, I’ll have been gone from home for a bit over 48 hours spread over 3 days, stayed in two hotel rooms, ridden on two airplanes, and have actually delivered not even 3 hours of productive work. For 3 days’ pay and three days I could, in theory, have been doing something useful for them instead. The non-efficiency of all this is incalculably bad. That’s what being a crew-janitor is all about. Sometimes I’m sweeping up big chunks. Other times it feels like sweeping up sawdust or flour. Oh well. Soon enough none of this will be my problem. Forever and ever. Amen.

And I still haven’t met the FO. :slight_smile:

Cheers all!!

First load in the dryer, second in the washer. Dishwasher has been emptied. Stairs have been swept and I did a little roll-sucking in the basement. And it’s only 9AM!! I have a timer set for the washer, so I think I’ll have a sit with my reading. Because I can. :smiley:

Go you!!

Happy Birthday Flyboy !
Who’s Flyboy ?

Hippo birdy, flyboy!

Afternoon, mumpers! It’s 25c/77f with no predicted change today, and partly cloudy. Weather app says “It’s a decent day, because it just fucking is!” So there you have it. It’s bright and shiny outside, far too hot for my delicate skin so I am at home with the window open and the curtains closed. We have a thunderstorm warning until 9pm tonight, we were promised thunderboomers and potential downpours moving across the country all day but so far there’s been no sign of any rain.

Happy birthday, flyboy!, and belated happies to VanGo for yesterday :slight_smile:

Happy Doperversary, BBBoo I’m glad you came to play in here!

Nothing exciting in my day so far, still chasing around for marks and stuff so I can progress a bunch of students. The deadline for marks entry is Wednesday lunchtime, and we have a marking/assessment boycott going on with one of the academic staff unions so we are also waiting for the Uni to give us some guidance on what to do with students for whom we don’t have full results. It’s all fun and games, or so they tell me.

After an afternoon of near total slothage yesterday, I have stuff to do later. It’s usually exercise day but I think it’s too hot for that. My turn to cook dinner tonight too, so I’ll be doing something that requires minimal effort…sounds like a spagbol night to me. Nothing much else to do today except more of the same!

Didn’t get the full two miles in this morning because my stomach started to act up. I did get a mile and a half, and I’m accepting that as good. CtE actually got their 2 miles in, so I’m incredibly proud of them.

I’m doing my best to focus on what I have done instead of what I couldn’t. Better way to live, IMO. Now I’m off to eat breakfast, shower and head to storytime.

Short heave, no EOD stuff today, but there was much loading and cursing. I had my shower and morning mauling by Spot. Naptime

:partying_face: :birthday: :champagne: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Flyboy!!!:champagne: :birthday: :partying_face:

Happy Doperversary, BBBoo!!! :cake: :partying_face:

Feel better red

Smooth flying, Pilot!

For the last 3 or 4 days, we’ve been going crazy trying to find our submersible water pump. Every place we could think if was checked and triple-checked to no avail. But just a few minutes ago when I was talking to FCD on the phone, I saw it - well, mentally. Last week when we scrubbed the fiberglass surfaces on the flybridge, we put the pump in a locker under one of the seats. So, mystery solved! Very glad we didn’t accidentally throw it away.

First load of laundry is folded and stowed, second in the dryer, third in the washer. It’s very windy - I’m going to suggest to FCD that we not move the boat till tomorrow morning. No sense fighting the wind while we’re still learning how to maneuver the boat with its new thrusters. Hope he’ll agree.

OK, back to my reading.