(Old) Happy New Year 2024 MMP

doggio I’m amazed that you still manage to get the goods out with all the breakdowns. One would think that the brown would have better equipment… As a regular jungle purchaser, I always prefer when I see it’s coming via brown.

Thoroughly meh week for me. I’m very tired, kinda haven’t wanted to go do shit at the shop.

Chocolate is always good, I like the big eggs too. When I was not quite five I learned there was no Santa, but i kept quiet about my knowledge, fearing if I spoke up there would be no Christmas candy, and the same for chocolate at Easter.

And a good evening all. Made it to the gym and did my mile of backstroking (in three 600-yard sets, with whirlpool time in-between). So this has been my most active week (Sun-Sat) ever, 2,500 calories burned on the stationary bicycles and 3 miles swimming, along with probably a couple of hours sweating in the sauna. Probably can’t keep that rate up, for one thing indoor soccer will occupy my weekend for the next two months, but it felt good that I could do it (and with no nappage or going to bed before 10pm). But now comes the weekend eating, and we’ll see what the Moanday scale shows…

Still 45F outside but rain is on the way in the next couple of hours and should last most of the night. Probably should check my mailbox before the droplets begin to fall.

yanker, you are not grumpy, you are indignant, and you have every reason to be indignant. Better luck next visit.

talkie, hope dinner with the friends was nice.

Yep, bought it brand-spanking new in 1997.

boo fae, good on ya for standing up for your minions; not all bosses do, as you well know, and the minions know who does and doesn’t.

JtC, thanks for the information on the food surplus folks; wish more communities would do things like that. But as you noted, it takes dedicated volunteers and…

Spice Weasel (and we have to get you an Mumper name, but I can’t think of a good one so I’ll let the other wise folks here come up with it) good on ya for caring about reducing waste. I try to recycle all I can and I collect and return my plastic bags to recycle points at Wal-Mart and Publix when I can.

That’s a good attitude to have; don’t let one day get you down.

But we know you now, and hopefully you’re learning about all of us. So, a room full of friends.

FCM, I’ve been to several S. American countries (not Peru) and Visa seemed pretty much accepted everywhere. Pilot may be able to advise you further.

oopsie, the sarcasm is strong in this one… :wink: :wink: :grinning: Hope the new credit card works out.

nellie, I think you used [s] for ‘strikethrough’ on your eye info; [spoiler] and [/ spoiler] (space added so they don’t disappear) is what you needed.

swampy, a melancholy job tomorrow, but it says something that the family asked for you to do the reading.

rocky, I was thrown for a bit when you mentioned Christmas Shopping, but Cupcakes solved that mystery Merry Christmas!!

And that’s all for now. Need to check the mailbox before the rains come and watch my Friday You Tubes. Take care all.

To be fair, this building has been running since Christ was in kindergarten. Plus they do try to time things to account for system failures.

doggio, Ace is one handsome doggy! Appendages crossed.

Happy Birthday Red! :tada: :sparkler: :fireworks:

And probably is too polite to say anything even if she did. But still, and I know its just me, that wonky hem would bother me much more than it should and would have to be dealt with.

You’ve raised a child and two grandkids. You have to have much more ability to ignore the small shit than I do.

We write one check a month and mail it out. The service fee for paying on-line is 50 cents. Stamps are 66 cents each and we have to provide the envelope. Grudges are rarely rational.

That’s pure poetry right there!

I hope you find a better dealer soon. Or learn to lie, it seems as though that is an option too, LOL!!!

It is so easy to get into a rut now that I don’t have anything I have to do, it is super easy to spend a week stitching in front of a window (or out on the porch in good weather), especially considering that I have to pry hubs away from his computer just to go out for breakfast once in a while.

I worry about the glaciers, I hope you will get more snow soon.

:people_hugging: Odd what our minds dredge up while we are sleeping, isn’t it.

W00T!!! I love your car guys too!!!

That certainly does sound like a gleaning program, I’m hearing of them more often. Some of them also supply produce to soup kitchens which is wonderful. People who depend on food banks and soup kitchens often don’t get a lot of fresh food so gleaning programs can make a big difference in someone’s overall health.

When I worked for the census, they gave us I-phones and they were so close to my droid but different that they made me even crazier than normal. Your brain must work much differently than mine to allow you to swap back and forth so easily!

That’ll teach her!!!

Now I want brownies…heads off to toast walnuts.

We did go to Speakeasy. We started with shrimp cocktail (not served in a glass). We only got three shrimps apiece, but they were bigger than last time. I went for the chicken-fried chicken 'Wiener Schnitzel, and the Spousal Unit had cod cakes. She ate most of my garlic mashed potatoes, and I had some of her fishcake. Three Hemingway daiquiris each. Yum.

It’s 18 o’clock.

I looooove him! Fingers crossed that you two hit it off and that you get him!

Lot rent is why we have always owned the land. For many years, lot rents out this way were super cheap which made those places very attractive. Now big corporations are buying the land and evicting the residents. Sadly, 40 year old trailers can’t be moved so now most of those elderly, low income folks are out with nothing after all those years. It’s horrible.

If worse comes to worse, we’ve got a spare room. You won’t even notice hubs, he’s just a lump in front of the computer anymore. You will notice GG, he still attacks feets at night.

I’m happy for you!

I adore church ladies!!! Your feast sounds delightful, I’m sure there won’t be much in the way of leftovers.

We both love grapefruit, especially the red ones like these were. Sadly, we are both on statins so can’t have it. My daily dose is low enough that I could probably risk some once in a while, but hubs cannot and it would be mean to eat one in front of him.

I remember how good those used to be. Le sigh.

I hope it goes well with Ace, do remember we will be expecting a full report after the meet up.

You were a very smart kid!

I can remember when Walt Disney died. I can remember the nightmare I had that night. Mom was burning the TV guide and a bunch of E-tickets because we would never need them again. Yes, I still remember that as well, memories are so weird.

Do you have Polybutylene pipes? We had them in our first place and weren’t very happy about how well they didn’t age.

More communities are starting to do gleaning programs, but volunteers are getting harder to come by anymore. I would volunteer for ours, but I can’t do the manual labor anymore.

Today was a day when nothing changed, but everything changed. My recovery has been going along very smoothly. The post op discomfort was much less than I anticipated. The incisions are healing up nicely. The worst of it has been trying to sleep on my back, and wearing compression socks.

I had my post op visit to my surgeon. They did an x-ray just before the appointment. He says that everything is just fine. I have been cleared to sleep however I please, subject to discomfort. No more compression socks. I am cleared to drive and, at the risk of being ungentlemanly, cleared for extra curricular bedroom activities. He removed the stitches that had closed up the slits for the chest tubes.

He said to call if anything unexpected happens and I am to see him again in about six weeks. I am certainly feeling much better after this office visit.

@Spice_Weasel

I understand your position. I have been an MMPer for a couple of years, but as a socially inept person, I gravitate to the corners of the crowded room and watch from there. These are all very nice, interesting people.

Excellent news!

I think l they are nice and interesting too! And good luck on your recovery. I missed the beginning of your journey but it sounds like things are looking up.

That is so wonderful! I’m so glad your recovery has been so boring and that the stitches are out. (when hubs had his quad, he only had to be able to walk up three flights of stairs without stopping at each landing before being cleared for happy fun times in the bedroom.)

Don’t worry too much about it; we can sometimes be a chatty bunch. Lotsa laundry updates, reports on whether or not we rolled out the big trash bin, that sort of nonsense.

I will state for the record that I’ve always enjoyed our interactions in other threads, and I’m thrilled you decided to hang with this krazy krew.

Please enjoy these bonus pictures of my silly cat, Monkey, being both handsome and a complete derp:

How’s he doing?

You really snuck that part in, didn’t ya?

He is a very handsome doggie and I hope you two hit it off.

Abso-frigging-lutely.

I’ve never heard the term before! Learn sumpin’ new e’ry day.

Huzzah for your recovery!

Aww, I had a black cat named Merlin. They are the sweetest kitties.

Black cats are jerks!!! Even handsome ones like Monkey, they are all jerkface kittycats!!!

Our black cat was such a drama queen, she would actually throw her paw up over her eyes while fainting if dinner was 30 seconds late. She stole the chain off hubs reloading machine and would pick it up an drop it and pick it up and drop it and pick it up and drop it so much that the funny colored cat would get annoyed and slap her around and then curl up for a nap.

Tonka wasn’t a jerk. He was a sweetie.

Here’s one of the first pictures of him (used in his obituary).

Here’s the last picture of him. You can tell he’s gone blind.

Imgur

Well, TVCTPMO has been frustrating me for a year, so I’m trying to keep it low key

Blind cats are amazing. Tonka (who I thought was a gray stripy cat…but that’s from when I was lurking) certainly does seem well loved.

I’m glad he went blind slowly, one of our black cats had a sudden event and became blind overnight. She was terrified and wouldn’t eat or drink, so went to the bridge hungry. That still gives me tears.

Our gray cat went blind slowly and did very well until the end. I wish we could have let him out in the catio, but there were steps and blind cats don’t do well with steps.