Olympics: Most attractive gold medalists

Not yet - but they are in the Gold Medal match and are the #1 ranked team in the world. There is a good chance that come Saturday, there’s going to be about 5 or 6 of them that I’d put straight into the voting pool.

Going out of the unimpressive 2012 London games:

Florence Griffith Joyner (USA, 1988)
Katarina Witt (East Germany, 1980 & 1984)
Neli Kim (USSR, 1976)

What on earth do you mean by that?

Meaning she can only be nordic, or african, or celtic, or hindu/pakistani or polish. Unlikely for her to be latina, or mullata, or far eastern.

Her father (much to the chagrin of the Daily Mail) is originally from Jamaica.

Shows you how well I know her. Should have ended the sentence with a question mark. :smiley:

I didn’t see the Dutch team, but I did watch some of the other semifinal between Argentina and Great Britain (won by Argentina). There wasn’t a single Argentinian player who wasn’t gorgeous.

Fairly obvious from the context, isn’t it? She has a very attractive body, but her face is pretty average.

Yes! This is the must watch event of this Olympics for every hetrosexual, red blooded male sports fan.

Well, there’s always Henrik Rummel. It’s a bronze medal, but a solid gold boner.

What has that got to do with “British”?

British people aren’t known for their looks.

Oh, yeah. Ugly as hell, they are.

Huh? first time I’ve come across that stereotype. Here’s a tip. If you have to explain an offensive stereotype it probably isn’t as widely known as you think. You may need to rethink that one as I suspect it is only working for you.

You’re a stereotype cataloger, huh? How does one get a job like that?

I mean, otherwise it’d be kind of ridiculous to say that just because one person doesn’t know something that it doesn’t work. Especially when people earlier in this exact thread knew exactly what I was saying.

Having globetrotted a bit over the last 20 years I’ve been exposed to quite a few. It is surprising what people will spew out unthinkingly when they think they are in safe company. I don’t catalogue as such, just a mental note is sufficient but the “British = unattractive” is not one I’m familiar with. Maybe that is the sort of thing you say where you come from, but…you know, this is an international audience here.

Yup, that would be ridiculous. Lucky I never said that then eh? You could try reading what I wrote again if that would help.

I hate to jump on the stereotype band wagon but if someone says “She looks British” it isn’t usually a compliment. One I don’t happen to agree with. I like typical English features. Felicity Kendal was one of my first crushes.

Over here in Scandinavia, the unfair stereotype of Brits as the ugliest people in Europe is common as hell. “British pretty” would be instantly understood.

Bobble, it’s great that you’ve managed to avoid this for so long, but British women, bless 'em, are generally not thought of as very pretty … at all. I’ve met many British guys who were more than happy to confirm that.

Then I stand corrected.

What a particularly nasty little meme.