Omnibus Religious Fucks in the NEWS

:grin: Nah, they do this while standing up. We have to have a blessing whenever there’s a group meal, like the company Thanksgiving lunch.

I work for a company that supplies safety-related parts and services for large diesel generators. I’ve been told that, prior to the company’s acquisition in the '90s, it was a common practice for managers to gather in a conference room and pray whenever there was an emergency or expedited order.

“Rector? Nearly killed her!”

Or in my area, the very delicious Pets des soeurs.

There’s praying in public schools in California. In my room right now, in fact, because I just announced a quiz in 3 minutes! :smiley:

…throws rotten fruit at silenus

That’s just wine in solid form.

A Riverside County Christian pre-school is asking parents to help cover-up anti-Biden indoctrination:

“You can hear a teacher asking the students, “Who’s our President.” The students then respond in unison, “Biden!” The teacher then asks the students “What do we want to do with him?” and the students respond twice, “We want him out!””
The school’s response? “We use Brightwheel as a parent communication app to share about your child’s day and activities. Earlier today a video was posted that has since been deleted as it did not share our school and church philosophy of honoring and respecting authority including those in government positions,” the message said.", but then it continued with “We are sorry for any misunderstanding this could of (sic) created. With courtesy towards the families of our campus and the children in the classroom I am asking you to please not share with others or post the video on any social media platform.”

“We’re very sorry we got caught and will strive to better cover up any such future occurrences.”

I’d just like to generally rant about about these delusional fucks.

I’m sick of them. I’m not talking about all religious peeps, but most of them are simply awful. I know not all of them are Greg Locke. Some of them are great people, but they are all complicit in promoting “faith” as a good way to answers questions as big as how we got here and where we “go” when we die. I’m so tired of these people because there’s no good reasons to believe in this stupid shit any more.

I’m so frustrated with this stuff. It seems like it’ll get worse before it gets better.

More than $7.4 million is alleged to have been defrauded from Sydney’s Moriah College by its former financial controller; last Thursday Gus Nosti was arrested and charged.

Imagine how rich that school must be to not notice they were a tad short of the readies for 12 freakin’ years.

Multiple people should lose their jobs over this.

And it’s our side that are indoctrinating students?

indoctrinate/educate
Tomato/tomato

I don’t think this is about sides, it’s about people (and/or particular institutions).

There is nothing inherent to either political philosophy that either precludes or encourages indoctrination.

(That being said, I’m not engaging in bothsidesism here. In my eyes, only one side indoctrinates people in the wrong things.)

I’m continually befuddled by that. When the Apostles spoke, and all present, from all over the known world, understood them, that was a proper miracle, and attributing it to God is clearly praise of Him. When you speak so that no one can understand you, though, that’s perfectly mundane: Anyone at all can do that one. And attributing it to God is a clear insult to Him, because it’s saying that he turns something good, intelligible speech, into something bad, unintelligible speech. Why would any religious person tolerate such disrespect of God?

“Speaking in tongues” is unintelligible; the miracle of the New Testament is called by the fairly recently-coined term “xenoglossy”, which was first used in 1905.

The vast majority of Christians would agree, it’s only particular sects like Pentecostalism that venerate it.

But that’s what speaking tongues used to mean. Thomas Aquinas in the 1200s assumed that the “gift of tongues” mentioned in the New Testament was in fact the ability to speak in a way that anyone can understand you. It wasn’t until centuries later that it was interpreted as the ability to speak in a language that only the Divine can understand.

Tell that to the practicing Christians who use the expression to describe something that happens every week during their worship.

Yes. I heard people every week “speaking in tongues” in my parents’ Pentecostal church as a child, and I assumed that what I was hearing was some genuine foreign language. It was only later that I realized it was simply gibberish.

See: Genesis 11:1-9

Authentic Religious Gibberish as spoken by Reverend Gabby Johnson.