Omnibus Stupid MFers in the news thread (Part 1)

Huh. Since “spells” aren’t real, I find it difficult to imagine what else might motivate somebody to “cast” one.

Add in witches and magic.

How is a Wiccan spell any less real than, say, a Christian prayer?

I DO hope I wasn’t so clumsy as to imply that it is.

A friend of mine is a practicing Wiccan. Spells are real.

They don’t actually do anything, but spells are absolutely cast by believers on a daily basis.

So they’re kind of a sort of vapor-ware?

Especially when you burn sage/incense/etc. :smiley:

Snoop must be a very powerful witch, then.

This is probably it. There has been a lot of right-wing pushback on yoga in recent years.

Would you say that you can’t imagine any reason for a Christian to pray except “for fun”?

That’s the beauty of it!

omigaaah… it is SO much fuuuuun! If you’ve got a friend who’s like sick with a cold or a plague or even corona, just find the perfect spot to pray. My church friends and I can’t wait for someone to fall deathly ill 'cause that’s when one of us yells "Time to go… praaaay attt Péééééépé’s"! It’s an awesome bar (Bottomless Bloodies, and a huge brunch every day), but the place where we really get down to asking a random deity for help is… Pépé’s Arcade! It’s at the end of the bar, and we are talking every video game ever built, a hundred pinball machines, four DDRs. But the best is the huge line of Skee-Ball lanes… we always pray while cheering on our posse (which has gotten pretty large by this time… and often includes Pépé and his family… he makes up random challenges with cash prizes)!

So, yes, I think praying can be fun.

Five employees of a Texas Christian academy have been arrested for covering up the sexual assault of a student on campus.

Sexual assault with a baseball bat. Not one of them thought to report it to CPS or the parents.

Of course not. That might make the school look bad.

I assume the perpetrator is a starter on the Footbal team.

Elon Musk thought it appropriate to post a Hitler meme today. He used it to compare Justin Trudeau to Hitler, with Hitler coming out on top.

Sometimes you just have to shake your head…

“I’d like my cupcakes Cajun Vanilla flavor, please.”

It takes a lot to mess up my appetite but that did. Also a recent savage love column where …never mind.