Omnibus Stupid MFers in the news thread (Part 1)

It’s even more embarrassing when the vehicle is sold by a police department at auction.

“On April 24, 1980, two brothers, 25-year-old James, and 18-year-old Richard Spurling were driving past the auction yard and spotted the black Chevrolet pick-up truck in the Davenport auction yard. They had another truck in need of repairs and they thought that they could use parts of the Chevrolet to fix it. They bought it for $140 at the auction and then they drove it to their father’s Muscatine County farm.”

The discovery

“A few hours later, James Spurling noticed a foul odor coming from the truck. He drove it out to a field to clean it from the grass and dirt. He took a shovel to begin shoveling out the debris when he noticed a boot on a foot coming out from the bed of the truck. He rushed to the house to contact the police. Once back to the farm though, he decided to take another look into the truck before calling the police. That’s when he noticed a second set of boots in the truck and a second decomposing body.”

http://reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/joipoh/he_bought_a_truck_from_a_police_auction_yard_for/

I can sure see reporting that backfiring when the PD you bought the truck from insists they hadn’t overlooked any such thing in the bed. Nosiree, they’re far too thorough for that.

Sir? You must have acquired the body(ies) on your own some time after the truck left our custody. Speaking of custody … You’re under arrest.

I had to read 3/4 of the linked article to my husband (he’s in the other room) and asked him if he had heard about that cold case. In 1980 I was 10 and he was ~16. No, he hadn’t. We lived in the other city in Iowa that is part of the Quad Cities (Bettendorf).

Totally creepy!

Birds are not real. They have all been killed off and replaced by government operated surveillance drones.

This is a satyrical “movement” meant to be the Qnion of CTs. I am not convinced that the strategy is well thought out.

Where we go tern, we go owl.

Are they fucking the birds or what?

Letting the satyrs fuck the birds? Do you want hippogriffs? Because that’s how you get hippogriffs.

Well now that we know that birds are dinosaurs, and we know dinosaurs are extinct, OF COURSE birds we see aren’t real.

For those who aren’t following the Tour de France

TL;DR: A spectator on the roadside at the Tour de France held a sign out over the road, hoping to be seen by the television cameras. A rider hit her arm and fell, causing a chain reaction that took down dozens of riders.

There are no birds.

Our place is infested with hordes of dirty, filthy, disgusting, lice-ridden birds.

A woman who calls herself “Romana Didulo” (anagram for “I AM Our Donald” claims that the Queen of the UK and sovereign of Canada has been executed, and Romana Didulo is now the Commander in Chief of Canada, having been appointed by the same people who reinstated Individual 1 as President of the United States.
Her followers are running around Canada handing out cease and desist orders to businesses, saying they are ordered to stop requiring masks, giving vaccinations, or doing Covid tests.

How does she have followers?

This is what’s wrong with the modern world. We’ve always had raving lunatics, but now lots of them have vast numbers of followers.

I’ll just leave this here…

I thought that was a brand of sex toy.

Doctor Who-themed, no less.

There’s a “bigger on the inside” joke there, but for all our sakes let’s just pretend it’s been made and move on.

I love articles like this that have words in them like:

Romana Didulo – a British-Colombian woman

At least get the name of the province right if you’re going to make shit up, yahoo news employee.

Why are you griping at Yahoo? That article was written by The Independent in the UK.

Yahoo just had a copy hosted on their site. They even show you at the top of the article who wrote it.

The Register got their info from Vice.

Didulo, a B.C.-based woman in her 50s, has recently built up a following of thousands of people who listen to her claims of having been put in control of the Great White North by the same forces that QAnon believers think are fighting the deep state in America.

They at least spelled it correctly.

One woman, who handed out cease and desist notices in British Columbia, said she’s not sure if Didulo is legitimate but she’s “praying it’s true.”