On DrDeth's Suspension

Comments about moderation belong in ATMB, but the announcement thread is of course closed, so I am creating this to say:

Are you mods gluttons for punishment, or what?

He’s not going to change. And I really don’t agree that he was all that improved after the last suspension. If he was, it lasted less than a year before he was right back at it.

To your question, Probably Yes. I mean we are volunteer moderators here. :slight_smile:

In the Modloop, every mod that commented agreed he had been better until the last few months. He use to challenge ad nauseum every moderator decision against him, it was beyond tiresome. Hell, I was accused of being out to get him the last time despite him not being able to find a single post and instead I showed posts where I mildly defended him.

Lately his PM protests had been picking up again. Not a good sign. His hijacking and nitpicking were also picking up.

I was informed we have given posters an extra chance after their 30 day before.

So based on 2 years of actually being much better, he has been given another chance.

This is pretty much my input, I don’t expect to comment much more on this. It took up more time then I like the last few days.

I guess I don’t have a view of the PM activity, so I can only go by my own experiences and the others posting to the dedicated Pit thread. But thanks for the insight.

I don’t want this to turn into a Pitting-lite, so am OK if it gets closed.