One Actor, Two TV Shows, Same Network, Same Day

David Cross is the narrator on Oliver Beene and has a supporting rol on Arrested Development. Both shows are on Fox on Sunday night.

Has anything like this ever happened before in TV history? IIRC correctly, Jackie Gleason went straight from The Jackie Gleason Show to The Honeymooners on the same night. Anyone else?

I can think of two. Meredith Viera is on The View and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?; both are syndicated, but around here they’re both on our ABC affiliate. Kelly Ripa is on All My Children(?) and Hope & Faith, both of which are on, I believe, ABC.

For this discussion, let’s leave out actors/actresses who are/were in one show while another was in reruns on the same network.

The guy who played Oscar Goldman was on The Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman at the same time, but I don’t think they were on the same day.

Drew Carey was host of Whose Line Is It Anyway?, which I think was shown right after the Drew Carey Show. Ryan Stiles also appeared on both.

Similarly, Bob Sagat became host of America’s Funniest Home Videos while still on Full House.

Lisa Kudrow had a recurring role on Anything But Love which sorta continued after she became her own twin sister on Friends.

Kelly Ripa left All My Children in 2002, according to the IMDb. I have no idea who shows Regis & Kelly or if it is syndicated.

I also believe that Gleason suspended his variety show for the season that he was filming *The Honeymooners[/i[. He actually filmed two episodes a week, which I can’t imagine would leave him time for anything else.

Kudrow played Pheobe’s sister Ursula on Mad About You.

Anything But Love went off the air in '92 - well before Friends started.

Live is a syndicated program.

Yes, Anything But Love, Mad About You, one of those generic sitcom titles that are applicable to any number of shows.

Friends, for that matter.

Maybe this deserves a topic of its own. :slight_smile:

Yeardley Smith is the voice of Lisa Simpson on Fox and also starred in Fox’s Herman’s Head, both airing on Sunday nights.

I don’t know the name of the shows, but didn’t Heather Locklear star in two shows on the same network on the same night?

Isn’t Ryan Seacrest all over the place?

Kelsey Grammar as Fraiser and Sideshow Bob.

Two different networks, two different nights, and Sideshow Bob is not in a “starring” role on The Simpsons. Other than that, great example.

Leo G. Carroll was Mr. Waverly on the Man from UNCLE and the Girl from UNCLE.

Frank Cady was listed as a costar for Mr. Drucker on both Green Acres and Petticoat Junction, and there were others who crossed over frequently.

And if you’re going to list people who play themself, think about Brokaw and Rather hosting the evening news shows while also appearing in the prime time news magazines.

Both T.J. Hooker and Dynasty were ABC shows, but IIRC, they never aired on the same night.

In my market, Regis & Kelly airs on the ABC affiliate, which means that Kelly Ripa appears on the same channel twice each Friday (when Hope & Faith airs).