"One goat, two horses" memory test.

Several years ago, a friend gave me a memory test, on which I performed quite well. Sadly, I’ve forgotten many of the details, and I’m hoping folks here have heard the same test and can help me out.

Basically, it’s a cumulative test. The “tester” repeats all lines of the test so far, and then adds a new line to the test. The testee can ask the tester to repeat the latest iteration of the test as many times as she wants; when she’s ready, she tries to recite the test back to the tester verbatim. It starts easy and gets very hard.

Here’s what I remember:

One goat.
Two sheep.
Three horses.
Four bellicose elephants.
Five pugnacious penguins.
Six dozen spotted albanian monocles.
Seven hundred _______ dervishes, whirling in full regalia.

I don’t remember line eight, although it involves the temple of the feathered serpent. Line nine involves peripatetic druids, and line ten involves garrilous, perilous, querilous maidens, dancing at night when the moon is full and something else is happening.

Has anyone else ever heard of this memory test? Google is coming up empty.
Daniel

The one I remember was a drinking game. If you messed up, you drank. If you cursed, you drank double…

One brown bear
A couple of ducks
Three running hare
Four frisky felines
Five ferocious females fearlessly fighting for food
Six simbadiant (sp?) sailors sailing the seven seas on a sloop
Seven saintly sisters serenly saying stations on Sunday
Eight egotistical elephants leaning on each other’s elongated elbows
Nine nibbling nibblions (?) not nibbling on nibblions, but nibbling on noodles
I am not the pleasant pheasant plucker, I am the pleasant pheasant pluckers son. I will not pluck the pleasant pheasant until the pleasant pheasant plucker has gone.
That last was hell after a few beers. "I am not the pleasant pheasant fsucker…aw, $hit! Aw MAN!!

heh heh

Nice! This is very similar to what I’m trying to remember. Has anyone heard the exact one I was describing?

Daniel

http://www.scoutsongs.com/lyrics/bigfathen.html

That’s the only one I could find with a quick google search. Check on Cafe Society, I think this was discussed before.

Daniel:

A freind of mine ued to say that alot. Its from a Jerry Lewis movie, I beleive. But I don’t know the whole. Or the film.

As for Pheasent Pluckers, from “Chuck and Buck”:

"I’m the mother pheasent plucker, I pluck mother pheasents. I’m the most pleasent fearther plucker who ever plucked a mother pheasent.

I’m not the pheasent plucker, I’m the pheasent plucker’s mate. I’m only plucking pheasents cause the pheasent plucker’s late.

I’m not the pheasent plucker, I’m the pheasent pluckers wife. I’ve beed plucking mother pheasents my whole pheasent-plucking life."

Rob

Here’s the one that I remember, they call it the Announcer’s Test:

One hen
Two ducks
Three squawking geese
Four limerick oysters
Five corpulent porpoises
Six pair of Don Alversos tweezers
Seven thousand Macedonians in full battle array
Eight brass monkeys from the ancient sacred crypts of Egypt
Nine apathetic, sympathetic, diabetic, old men on roller skates with a marked propensity towards procrastination and sloth
Ten lyrical, spherical diabolical denizens of the deep who hall stall around the corner of the quo of the quay of the quivery, all at the same time.

Mirage: Yup, that’s the one I know.